ERPNext running on the server but not able to access it via Server IP address(AWS)

I tried with the following version of ubuntu 16,18 and 20. In all these versions the application is started by the bench start command it shows “Running on http://0.0.0.0:8000/”, but when I try to access the application using the server IP address I can’t able to access the site. I have created a site using the command " bench new-site erp.example.com". And I have given access to the Firewall(Port 80,443,8000). I don’t know what I have missed. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

i have install it production and open the ports and it’s working ,i thing your installation it different since production has nginx config

Hi Murali,

Welcome to the community. Hope you have a great experience with ERPNext and here.

You say you have given port 80, 443 and 8000 access on the AWS Security tab. Apologies to insult your intelligence :), but are you sure you added that in the inbound rules? Plus use the AWS Console and put the server for a Restart. After restarting please be sure you ssh back in and do a bench start and then try to access the server again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Hi JayRam,

Thanks for your reply. I have already added the ports(80,443,8000) in the security group(inbound rules).

Hi ahmadRagheb,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please share the ERPNext installation document for the Ubuntu server(AWS)?. so that I can try with your ERPNext installation steps and it will help me to rectify my doubts. Thanks in advance.

i will share the steps , i take it from bench repo easy install section :

* ##### Ubuntu and Debian-based Distributions:
sudo apt install python3-minimal build-essential python3-setuptools
sudo adduser frappe
usermod -aG sudo frappe
Switch to  `frappe`  (using  `sudo su frappe` ) and start the setup
cd ../frappe 
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py
sudo python3 install.py --production --user frappe

In case the setup fails, the log file is saved under

/tmp/logs/install_bench.log 

this for clean fresh Ubuntu server in aws

sometimes the setup fail , idk why , but i create new instance and try again
don’t forget to open 80 port in your security policy for the instance you are working with

best wishes

Hi ahmadRagheb,

Thanks for helping me out. The installation was successful.

1 Like