ERPNext (production) doesn't work without running bench start

Hello,

I have been trying to install erpnext production on my local machine Debian GNU/Linux 9.11 (stretch) for about a week and installation completes smoothly. When I run ‘bench start’, erpnext login panel shows up at localhost:8000.

When I access localhost:8000 without running ‘bench start’, then “The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading” error shows up on firefox. I did run “sudo bench setup supervisor” successfully.

# supervisorctl status
frappe-bench-redis:frappe-bench-redis-cache                 RUNNING   pid 3420, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-redis:frappe-bench-redis-queue                 RUNNING   pid 3419, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-redis:frappe-bench-redis-socketio              RUNNING   pid 3421, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-frappe-web                    RUNNING   pid 3417, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-web:frappe-bench-node-socketio                 RUNNING   pid 3418, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-default-worker-0   RUNNING   pid 3414, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-long-worker-0      RUNNING   pid 3415, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-schedule           RUNNING   pid 3413, uptime 1:04:09
frappe-bench-workers:frappe-bench-frappe-short-worker-0     RUNNING   pid 3416, uptime 1:04:09

I have been following this guide and tried both easy and manual install methods. Please let me know if I have to post any logs.

What am I missing here and where can I get the logs for troubleshooting this issue?

bench start is for your local development server its not for production mode
you will have to configure your web server(nginx) and supervisor on your local machine
and some ip conf in /etc/hosts

I will be using erpnext within my local machine. Do I have to setup both supervisor and nginx?

Its not required actually if uou setup production mode on your local machine
Nginx, Supervisor services are automatically gets started when you switch on the computer you have to just go and fire url on the browser so if you want this approach you will have to configure both

Other way around as you start your system you will have to go to frappe-bench folder and explicitly start development server as bench start each time you want to run the application and then you are good to go on browser to operate amazing app ‘ERPNext’

1 Like