ERPNext Pakistan – Community Meetup online and in-person Karachi (August 2022)

We are planning a meetup in Karachi for developers and users of ERPNext and Frappe.

The purpose of this meetup is to bring the community together for a coordinated approach in making ERPNext regional contributions and localizations relevant for the Pakistan ecosystem.

Please respond with your preferred date for the event. Once we have an approximate number of interested parties, a suitable venue will be chosen. If you have an office conference room that can be used, that will be great!

• Friday, 19 August 2022, 3:30-6:30 pm
  • Saturday, 20 August 2022, 3:30-6:30 pm

0 voters

The agenda for the first meetup is simply a meet-and-greet, get to know each other, learn from each other, and decide how to go forward as a community. Any other ideas would be appreciated (let us know in the forum discussion).

@avaiskhatri @Tariq151 @Faraz @cablemedia @saifi0102 @Muzzammil_Hussain @kanuns @Hamza_Rana @kietmak @srauf99

5 Likes

Sounds interesting. Please note my email if needed saif@paralogic.io

3 Likes

Great initiative Abid Sb.

Hi @abidomar

ERPnext FOSS model has helped me to expand my portfolio by addressing and solving industry complex problems. It always a good learning experience when there are unique and complex challenges.

This is a great initiative, I will be joining you all. Bringing like minded people will eventually benefits all of us.

Avais.
Betalogics

Hello all, thanks a lot for your interest in having this meetup. We have had a few offline discussions regarding the planning. It makes sense to open this up to be nation-wide, by having a Zoom session and allow others to join virtually.

As there are heavy rains forecast in Karachi till next week, we have also decided to delay this by a week. The new date is:

Saturday, 27 August 2022, 4:30-6:30 pm

The meeting venue will be finalized and announced soon. We really need to have an idea of headcount to get the appropriate venue. Please do confirm if you are attending in-person or virtually via this poll:

• Attending in-person
  • Attending virtually

0 voters

We have also made a WhatsApp group for coordination. Please do DM me with your number, I will add you to the group.

Looking forward.

Join the community of users and developers in Pakistan and see how you can benefit from and contribute to free, open-source software.

We are all set for the community meetup. 20-30 participants are expected. If you have not reached out yet, please do so we can add you on the WhatsApp group.

:calendar: **Date: **
Saturday 4:30 – 6:30 pm
27 August 2022

:office: Venue:
Saylani Welfare Mass Training Auditorium
Mumtaz Mobile Mall
Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 2
KARACHI
Pakistan

:loudspeaker: Join us online:
Link will follow next week.

Agenda
Welcome & introductions
Developer presentations
Open discussions: sharing experiences, suggesting how to improve the future sessions, ideas on collaboration etc.
Closing speech by a special guest (to be announced)

Looking forward to seeing the community tomorrow. If you have not reached out yet, please do so we can add you on the WhatsApp group.

First Community Meetup in Pakistan.

:loudspeaker: Join us online:

When I first found out about ERPNext in 2018, I was thrilled to see a thriving and active developer community, especially here on the forums, and numerous community chapters around the world.

Unfortunately, when I googled for developers in my region to find an implementation partner, not many came up. Fast forward a few years, we are using ERPNext extensively, many developers have come around, yet there is no local community. I thought it was time to give back in a small way: by bringing the community together. This lead to…

The First Community Meetup in Pakistan was organized on 27 August 2022 in Karachi. We had 10-15 participants in person, and 10-15 attending virtually (@Muhammad_Sajid @Nasir_Khan).

The community is grateful to @abidomar for conceiving the idea of a creating a vibrant ERPNext meetup, @alizohaib was kind enough to do a lot of the heavy lifting and organizing the venue as well as tea and refreshments, and @saifi0102 was an early inspiration to help kickoff this meetup.

Mr @Tariq151 helped bring a lot more people together from his vast experience in the software field, and also took the initiative to invite CEO Frappe Technologies @rmehta to join and share the Frappe story, which was indeed a very pleasant surprise for everyone. Rushabh has been an inspiration for many young functional and technology consultants and developers worldwide generally, and in Pakistan specifically, where ERPNext is fast becoming a preferred solution in the ERP ecosystem.

We had both seasoned developers joining the event, to young students with questions such as “What is ERP?” and “What is open-source?” We are glad to engage with them as our future developers. We also had extensive discussions that the community faces in challenging customer implementations and from the business and growth perspective. There is much to learn from each other.

From the perspective of the organizers, we focused on how can the Pakistani community contribute back to this FOSS project? Some ideas that were discussed are:

• Organize trainings from young aspiring developers @alizohaib
  • Develop a best practice regional localization app for Pakistan tax compliance, FBR POS integration, etc. that meets the requirements of our market @saifi0102
  • Contribute back to the core modules on GitHub.
  • Share your success, help others learn from each other. Don’t keep your ideas, code and implementation stories closed.
  • Grow together as a community.

We look forward to organizing taking this further through further events.

6 Likes

AoA. I’m 3 months late to this. Please do ping me for upcoming events.

1 Like

We are planning the next Community Meetup for October 2023.

Hopefully this will be an in-person event in Lahore.

Interested in helping organize? Please do join us on the ERPNext Pakistan Community WhatsApp group. DM me your WhatsApp number to be added.

1 Like

03137502110 add this no. into whatsapp group