ERPNext + Open Source Ecommerce

Good Day

Could anyone tell me all options of working integrations of open source or free ecommerce solutions?

Thank You

Albertus Geyser

1 Like

I guess it might be helpful if you could name one or two “free ecommerce solutions” you where interested in (if such exists)

I know that there is a connector to Shopify (which is neither Open Source, nor free)

1 Like

Good Day

Herewith some i know of:

• PrestaShop
  • OpenCart
  • osCommerce
  • Zen Cart

Hope this help to help me.

Thank You

Albertus

The interfaces to these or Magento (Community edition) or Woocommerce is not developed yet.

Are you interested in collaborating and contributing ($s or code) and developing the connector to one OpenSource ECommerce platform.

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

@JayRam

I am willing to commit $$ to a Magento Connector and in the other thread quite a number of people are too.

Wanna kick start it?

Regards

Sure! Let’s get the Magento show on the road. Watch the forum tomorrow.

Thanks

Jay

3 Likes

Great!!

Excellent! Keep it coming. 1 integration a month!!!

I am also interested in the magento integration - we are working on magento 2.1x. Please also let me know, if you are starting that.
thanks
frank

Wish i understood ERPNext yet then i am sure i could develope an integration into Magento. :smile:

there a place where one could see all integrations?

All - I have recent experience working on a Magento Community Edition integration with another ERP system (Dynamics AX). @JayRam, please let me know how to participate in an ERPNext integration.

The easy development is integrating incremental data. That’s done by the Magento REST APIs. Those work very similar to ERPNext. You authenticate (using OAuth). Next, you call APIs to upload/download customers, products, and orders. However, just like ERPNext, you’re limited to a small number of records (10) per call. You have to use pagination to fetch more than 10 records.

This leads us to the challenging part of development: large data sets. Assume you need to upload an entire catalog of parts. Or mass-update all your inventory levels. Or download all customers, or all open orders? Assume your eCommerce website has tens-of-thousands of orders, parts, and customers. Sure, you can loop using REST APIs and pagination. But it’s going to take a long time.

There are alternatives, but require quite a bit of work.

Thank you! This is a great post that you are already saying your experience! Would be great also know how it was developed? Example: part of the main branch or ERPNEXT or separate app using Frappe? Or was the code post of Magento?

What I wrote previously was for a different ERP software. Not ERPNext. Part of my code was written in a Microsoft language called X++. The rest was done in Python. And it was rather hastily done. It’s simple enough, though. Python already has libraries for OAuth integration, and even Magento APIs.

So yes, calling Magento APIs is easy. The harder part is mass-updates. And then there are so many questions about ERPNext:

• Where do we put the data Magento sends back?
  • Do we stage the Magento data?
  • Do we create Sales Orders directly, or something else?
  • How/when do we alert Magento about shipments?
  • Which parts in ERPNext should be synchronized on Magento, and which should not?
  • How about pricing, and inventory levels?

I can list 101 other questions, probably. If this is to be a true integration with ERPNext, many decisions must be made, and everything documented.

But yes, if the knowledge I have gained previously is helpful, I’d be happy to contribute to the project and help. I cannot lead the development, though. My ERPNext development skills are not sufficient, yet.

5 Likes

Pls do list those 101 is questions. Atleast when it is still fresh in your mind. Thanks again.

We would be interested in a Magento 2 connector too however, with mass updates required (100k+ products), we would fall victim. Would be very interested if you (or anyone) pursue(s) this development.

@FCAbraham why you think you would fall victim? It would take time to sync first time for sure …but can’t get why would fail …

I’m not saying that it would fail, his comments suggest that it would take a very long time. We investigated ERPNext and it appears to be a good fit for us but we had problems importing more than 500 products at a time. If we could get past this issue, it could be a home-run for us.

Oh i see, did u test last version of Data Import Tool as well? It should probably speed up import.

Other than that i would rather use:

https://frappe.io/docs/user/en/guides/data/import-large-csv-file

or better to write a custom app to import big files without
uploading from browser.

Oh i have imported 5000 items at a go in erpnext

2 Likes