ERPNext made my myopia (short-sighted) problem WORSE

Hello great people!

This post is not for blaming Frappe, nor discouraging those who are in love with the software. Like you all, I love ERPNext and the souls behind it. I would suggest people use ERPNext, and actually I did help my friend’s company to successfully implement it, now they are growing. I also use ERPNext in my own business.

SO WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?

The problem is that the design is very pure and whitened and low contrasted, so I and also my employees have difficulty looking at the screen to work for a long time. My myopia problem gained 1 diop since I implemented ERPNext on February 2017. Normal text color and border color are light gray which is very hard to see. The screen is mostly light and white, very unpleasing to the eyes. Our eyes get hurt and tired very soon if looking at the screen for some hours. We would love to have a feature to choose dark theme or light theme, and to customize the theme right through the admin panel, without having to put fingers at the hard code.

PLEASE, YOU GREAT AND AMAZING PEOPLE AT FRAPPE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE WE HAVE TO BUY NEW GLASSES.

I greatly appreciate your work. You guys are changing the world.
Thank you,
Shan.

2 Likes

@Shan_Ruan hi!

until this gets figured out I think you can manage with an addon/extension on Chrome or Firefox. I used this one on Chrome and think it should do the work for you right now

2 Likes

@Shan_Ruan

Insuggest to use night mode in Windows 10 and Redshift in Ubuntu to avoid of the blue backlight
effect.

May this help.

Thank you great brother. This does the trick, but only at the office. We also have some partners and outdoor employees who mostly work on their smartphones. But still, thanks a lot!
Shan.