ERPNext installer

Hello-

First off, congrats to the devs and contributors in getting the product out there in the market! In the very short life of the project, it has picked up some good momentum.

That being said, I tried to look at the source on github and am thinking to give the install a go, but I don't see the actual installer "erpnext_install.py"referenced in the docs anywhere on the trunk. What am I missing?

Cheers,
-- Ankur

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext. 

The installer is a gist. Check the install page in the GitHub wiki. 

It is just a set of commands to make erpnext installation a bit easier. 

Sent from my phone

On 24-Mar-2013, at 12:59 PM, Ankur Shah <4a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello-

First off, congrats to the devs and contributors in getting the product out there in the market! In the very short life of the project, it has picked up some good momentum.

That being said, I tried to look at the source on github and am thinking to give the install a go, but I don’t see the actual installer “erpnext_install.py”referenced in the docs anywhere on the trunk. What am I missing?

Cheers,
-- Ankur

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to er…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Thanks Anand, appreciate the email! I followed the Wiki and installed the code from master/HEAD without much trouble. However, two things that pop-out right away in my first 10 minutes of use are:

1. The webapp fails to connect to memcached even though I have the service running correctly with the appropriate user and permissions.

2. The "Outgoing Mail Server" settings arn't being validated correctly. I've tried numerous values from localhost to GMail's SMTP and each time I get the error "Invalid Outgoing Mail Server or Port".

I guess I'll start looking at the code to confirm as it could very well be just a "user error" :p

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext.

Sent from my phone

On 24-Mar-2013, at 12:59 PM, Ankur Shah <4a…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello-

That being said, I tried to look at the source on github and am thinking to give the install a go, but I don't see the actual installer "erpnext_install.py"referenced in the docs anywhere on the trunk. What am I missing?

Cheers,
-- Ankur

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Hi Ankur,

Make sure memcache's port is 11211

In SMTP settings, the Use SSL is actually STARTTLS. If checked, use port 587. Sometimes, port 25 is blocked by ISP.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Ankur Shah <4a…@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Anand, appreciate the email! I followed the Wiki and installed the code from master/HEAD without much trouble. However, two things that pop-out right away in my first 10 minutes of use are:

1. The webapp fails to connect to memcached even though I have the service running correctly with the appropriate user and permissions.

2. The "Outgoing Mail Server" settings arn't being validated correctly. I've tried numerous values from localhost to GMail's SMTP and each time I get the error "Invalid Outgoing Mail Server or Port".

I guess I'll start looking at the code to confirm as it could very well be just a "user error" :p

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext.

Sent from my phone

Hello-

Cheers,
-- Ankur

Please see in-line responses - thanks.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ankur,

It's running on 11211 as user apache, listening on both TCP and UDP.
[ro...@erp erpnext]# lsof -i :11211

COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

memcached 30601 apache 26u IPv4 253217 0t0 TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache 27u IPv6 253218 0t0 TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache 28u IPv4 253221 0t0 UDP *:memcache

memcached 30601 apache 29u IPv6 253222 0t0 UDP *:memcache

In SMTP settings, the Use SSL is actually STARTTLS. If checked, use port 587. Sometimes, port 25 is blocked by ISP.

Tried with both TLS and non. Outbound port 25 seems to open for sure as I'm currently using it for another app. Here's a connection test on gmail anyway:

[ro...@erp erpnext]# curl smtp.gmail.com:25
220 mx.google.com ESMTP eh5sm12048549pbc.44 - gsmtp
Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext.

Sent from my phone

Hello-

Cheers,
-- Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Can you check the output of:
ps aux | grep memcached

The name part of lsof seems different. Shouldn't it be *:11211 instead of *:memcache.

Try running:
memcached -d -l 127.0.0.1 -p 11211 -m 64 -u apache

You can replace the "-m 64" with more memory like "-m 256". It is in MB.

Regarding Outgoing Mail Server validation, I don't think anything is obviously wrong with the validation.
You can have a look at the code of webnotes/utils/email_lib/smtp.py in wnframework

If you have unchecked "Use SSL" use port 25. If Use SSL is checked, use port 587.

-Anand.

On 25-Mar-2013, at 11:26 AM, Ankur Shah <4ankur@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ankur,

COMMAND     PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

memcached 30601 apache   26u  IPv4 253217      0t0  TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache   27u  IPv6 253218      0t0  TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache   28u  IPv4 253221      0t0  UDP *:memcache 

memcached 30601 apache   29u  IPv6 253222      0t0  UDP *:memcache 

Tried with both TLS and non. Outbound port 25 seems to open for sure as I’m currently using it for another app. Here’s a connection test on gmail anyway:

[ro...@erp erpnext]# curl smtp.gmail.com:25
220 mx.google.com ESMTP eh5sm12048549pbc.44 - gsmtp

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext. 

Sent from my phone

Hello-

That being said, I tried to look at the source on github and am thinking to give the install a go, but I don’t see the actual installer “erpnext_install.py”referenced in the docs anywhere on the trunk. What am I missing?

Cheers,
-- Ankur

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

Hi Anand,

Here you go:

#ps aux | grep memcached
apache 30601 0.0 0.0 331868 2056 ? Ssl 11:08 0:00 memcached -d -p 11211 -u memcached -m 64 -c 1024 -P /var/run/memcached/memcached.pid -u apache

Will look at the code later to see if I find anything.

Thanks,
-- Ankur

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ankur,

ps aux | grep memcached

The name part of lsof seems different. Shouldn't it be *:11211 instead of *:memcache.

Try running:

Regarding Outgoing Mail Server validation, I don't think anything is obviously wrong with the validation.
You can have a look at the code of webnotes/utils/email_lib/smtp.py in wnframework

If you have unchecked "Use SSL" use port 25. If Use SSL is checked, use port 587.

-Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Tried with both TLS and non. Outbound port 25 seems to open for sure as I'm currently using it for another app. Here's a connection test on gmail anyway:

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext.

Sent from my phone

Hello-

Cheers,
-- Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Make sure you pass:
-l 127.0.0.1
when starting memcached. Memcached should run on localhost / 127.0.0.1

Your ps aux output doesn't indicate on which ip is memcached running.

thanks,
Anand.

On 25-Mar-2013, at 2:55 PM, Ankur Shah <4ankur@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

Here you go:

#ps aux | grep memcached
apache   30601  0.0  0.0 331868  2056 ?        Ssl  11:08   0:00 memcached -d -p 11211 -u memcached -m 64 -c 1024 -P /var/run/memcached/memcached.pid -u apache

Thanks,
-- Ankur

Hi Ankur,

ps aux | grep memcached

Try running:

-Anand.

Hi Ankur,

COMMAND     PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

memcached 30601 apache   26u  IPv4 253217      0t0  TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache   27u  IPv6 253218      0t0  TCP *:memcache (LISTEN)

memcached 30601 apache   28u  IPv4 253221      0t0  UDP *:memcache 

memcached 30601 apache   29u  IPv6 253222      0t0  UDP *:memcache 

Tried with both TLS and non. Outbound port 25 seems to open for sure as I’m currently using it for another app. Here’s a connection test on gmail anyway:

[ro...@erp erpnext]# curl smtp.gmail.com:25
220 mx.google.com ESMTP eh5sm12048549pbc.44 - gsmtp

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext. 

Sent from my phone

Hello-

Cheers,
-- Ankur

I finally gave up on it and reinstalled the app on an Ubuntu server (was using CentOS before). Followed the instructions on the Wiki and am happy to say that both issues are not there anymore.

However, I came across an important security issue that I found after starting to use the system that I need to discuss with the crew. Will start another thread for that. Stay put.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Ankur Shah <an...@ankurlighting.com> wrote:
I finally gave up on it and reinstalled the app on an Ubuntu server (was using CentOS before). Followed the instructions on the Wiki and am happy to say that both issues are not there anymore.

However, I came across an important security issue that I found after starting to use the system that I need to discuss with the crew. Will start another thread for that. Stay put.

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hi Ankur,

Make sure you pass:
-l 127.0.0.1
when starting memcached. Memcached should run on localhost / 127.0.0.1

Your ps aux output doesn't indicate on which ip is memcached running.

thanks,
Anand.

On 25-Mar-2013, at 2:55 PM, Ankur Shah <4ankur@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

Here you go:

#ps aux | grep memcached
apache 30601 0.0 0.0 331868 2056 ? Ssl 11:08 0:00 memcached -d -p 11211 -u memcached -m 64 -c 1024 -P /var/run/memcached/memcached.pid -u apache

Thanks,
-- Ankur

Hi Ankur,

ps aux | grep memcached

Try running:

-Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Ankur,

Welcome to ERPNext.

Sent from my phone

Hello-

Cheers,
-- Ankur

--
This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.