ERPNext Hosted: Internal Backups Suddenly Eating up Free Disk Quota

Hi,

I have been testing the 1 user hosting plan on erpnext.com for several weeks, which provides a disk quota of 150 MB. Everything has been working fine, but now within two days this quota has been eating up by internal backups.

Due to this problem, I cannot even prepare the purchase orders I need to submit today.

I don’t think this is behaviour is intended, as otherwise the quota for every 1 person plan would be exceeded within a few days. This is why I am marking the issue as a bug.

Anyway, I’d like to delete those backups and only keep the latest one. But I couldn’t find a way to do so.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Stefan

@bytesource thanks for reporting. We will look into this.

@rmehta Thanks for looking into the issue.

I just checked I am still over quota, which means I cannot use ERPNext anymore. You are probably busy preparing the ERPNext conference tomorrow, but I still would like to ask if you already have an idea where the problem might be located.

Best regards,

Stefan

@rmehta
As I am still not able to upload any files to my ERPNext account hosted on your server due to the backup file size having eating up my storage quota, I’d like to ask when this issue might get resolved.

Best regards,

Stefan

Follow this fix: https://github.com/frappe/frappe/pull/2059

Thanks for this fix!

Now there is only one problem left: There does not seem to be a relevant setting under Setup -> System Settings.

This is the version of my account on erpnext.com:

ERPNext: v7.0.40
Frappe Framework: v7.0.30

Best regards,

Stefan

I still cannot find the relevant setting. Has this fix already been made available for hosted accounts at erpnext.com?

Best regards,

Stefan

This feature is not available as of Frappe v7.0.30. It will be probably released in 7.0.34 or later.

@strixaluco Thanks for your explanation. Is there a timeline for the 7.0.34 release?

The problem is that my account that is hosted on erpnext.com is not usable due to this bug. This is a little bit unfortunate, because the very reason we decided to try out the hosted version was to always be on the latest version and not have to worry about old bugs anymore.

Best regards,

Stefan

@strixaluco @bytesource

Feature has been submitted to develop branch of Frappe and not to hotfix. You can expect the 7.1 to be released by mid of October.

1 Like

@shreyasp Thanks for this date.

However, this means that we probably have to move away from the hosted version, as several weeks without a functional ERP is difficult to deal with.

Also, I can imagine that all users currently on a 1 user account are facing the same problem, or does this bug just affect us for some reason?

Best regards,

Stefan

If you need to stay on the bleeding edge version, you have to setup your own instance, as official SaaS accounts receive updates in about 2 weeks after release.
Just be ready for some maintenance.

@strixaluco Thanks for your reply. I guess my assumption of what “always on the latest version” means was different from the official definition.

Best regards,

Stefan