ERPNext Freezes up and then shuts down after a few hours

Just as the title says, we have it hosted with the easy install on github. Does anyone know what could cause this. Maybe a cron job and if so which one.

I do not know what I did wrong or keep doing wrong. Has this happened to anyone else

If you have access to the server that is running ERPNext instance, you can check the log files and paste the output here. that may help us in diagnosing the issue

I tried to install using the hitchhikers guide but it is out of date. There is an issue at the maria db install. then the I did bench init frappebench I get this

bench init frappe-bench
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 5, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 2876, in
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 449, in _build_master
ws.require(requires)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 745, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 639, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: bench==4.1.0

I have gon online and typed in install derbian 8 etc. WorkingSet._build_master and have gotten a few things to install on a few of these but there does not seem to be a fix. Can someone fix the guide that is online? or can someone point me to an actual up to date guide as to how to install everything

Welcome to ERPNext!

Yes installs can be a challenge - ERPNext rapidly evolves with ‘rolling release’ updates every few days. As well it must run on assorted host environments and versions.

So this did not work for you Home · frappe/frappe Wiki · GitHub

@achillesrasquinha please note this thanks

Your other options - easy and manual install notes GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

and finally this install guide GitHub - jwrober/erpnext_admin_guide: ERPNext Administrators Guide

To find help this forum has lots of install thread advice if you get stuck.

One caution is not to install as root - but rather from a non-root user account that has sudo privileges.

hope this helps

No that one did not. Also I do believe that all of them need to be updated and made so that people who are not very familier with everything can start it up and keep it running. So Like I had a problem where the program would just freeze up and shut down after a few hours to a day. What you could say is go to frappe bench and turn on the scedulerler.

Also What cron jobs need to be done by the system because I cant find any?

Yup lots to discover and ways to contribute, I will leave you to your learning.

ciao

Hi,

Can you post the issue, you faced while using The Hitchhiker’s Guide. Also if you’re setting up ERPNext yourself for Production. The easy install scripts are highly recommended, as opposed to installing it manually using The Hitchhiker’s Guide. Also Ubuntu 16.04 would be a preferred OS as opposed to Debian 8.

Awaiting your reply.