ERPNext for a Pastry / Bakery unit

Hi there

Anyone here has customized ERPNext for a Pastry / Bakery unit?

Thanks

Hello,
yes.I have done customization for bakery product.

Thanks

Please do share your experience.

Would somebody document what are the complexities of implementing an ERP in a Bakery, Pastry application.

I mean you have products that you sell. You have Shelf Life. You have Recipes and Ingredients, etc.

I am sure I’m missing something here, but what is the big deal about making ERPNext work for a Bakery, Pastry unit?

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

In my case we had to use the process manufacturing app by Oztro. It’s not part of core yet so user beware.

In a bakery you can get many different products as output from basically the same raw material(s) input. This makes the existing manufacturing module in Erpnext difficult to use, but the Oztro process manufacturing module is just perfect for this purpose

Regards

1 Like

@jayram. A bakery is infact no different than a restaurant. Features that you mentioned are needed. I won’t recommend using an ERP for a small outlet having few branches. It becomes too complex. These customers would be better off using some other open source software like Chromis, Floreant etc. You can also try out Abcare restaurant pos demo version available with data for 30 days. ERP installation time outweighs the benefits.

ERPNext can be customized to large companies. At a minimum following are needed in addition to what you mentioned in the pos

1. Tables layout for dine-in
  2. Delivery
  3. Sales reports by hour
  4. Cash drawer closure/Z end of day.
  5. Day extension by minutes. Example if the store is closing at 2 AM then system should be added with 120 minutes to report any sale for the day rather than next day.

Happy to discuss further.

1 Like

Ah, It’s the restaurant complexity I missed. Got it now. Isn’t our restaurant module up to the mark yet?

Thanks

Jay

Hi What is this app , and from where we can get?

@zahidshuja you can find it here:

1 Like

Thankx

Does anyone know if the Ozrto Process Manufacturing app works with version 10 ERPNext?

BKM

It does…

Though its now called simply process manufacturing

Great, and thank you. I will be experimenting with this later in the week to see if it can solve some of my issues as well.

BKM

2 Likes

can you share with me kafuidarkey@yahoo.com