ERPNext Expenses Doctype

i get error in approval

i have 2 company setup

Failed Transactions

EXP-2022-00003

Journal Entry ACC-JV-2022-00006: Cost Center Main - P does not belong to Company xc Pvt Ltd

can not approve
i did pull
still show Expense Request: v0.0.1 (main)

I see, I think it’s pulling from the default company… I can do some private support and add a company field so that we can solve this for you… for a small price of two coffee’s :slight_smile:

For now try using Session Defaults to change your company like so:

@adam26d :star_struck:
Its working smoothly even on v14 but how to add TAX in there ?

Thanks for the feedback. Tax is coming soon, for now, perhaps you could add it manually as an account

2 Likes

Hi @adam26d

i have checked your expense entry and these are my observations.

1. The expense entry is not posting into the General ledger because you specified it should only post to GL only and when the doc.status === 'Approved" in your code. The issue with this is that if any organization like mine has multiple approval level. for example imagine a scenerio of 3 approvals with different approval level A, B and C

A can approve when if the total amount is <= 200,000.00
B can approve if the amount >200,000 but less than 1,000,000.000001
C can approve from 1,000,0000 and above.

If the organization wants to capture the approval above and also because you have to differentiate between the approvals. lets say you have;
for A, doc status will read “Approved by A”
for B, doc status will read “Approved by B”
and for C, the doc status will read “Approved by C”

Neither of these 3 approvals even though they are set to 1 in the doc status, will never be posted to the General ledger which was the problem i faced.

It would rather be best if you change it to submit or define it as on_submit.

Let me know what you feel about the feedback.

3 Likes