ERPNext Expenses Doctype

About the cost center, I strongly suggest that you let it in lines.

Or you can have a Main Cost Center, in the top, but with the ability to change in lines.

We have a lot of different business realities and is important to keep it simple and flexible.

2 Likes

Good Job @adam26d

I will advise that you keep this very simple. Worse case scenario add a document Cost Center field (not Line item).

This is meant to be a quick and simple expense form, any one that needs more can use any of the three doctypes already available in ERPNext .

Nice

2 Likes

@alkuhlani

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for the input. I really appreciate it

Cost Centers

Sure, I’ve added Projects and Cost Center to the document as defaults, and per line as specific.

Party

@Fred1 the journal Entry only allows Supplier Party on the creditors account, I havent tested the effects of ignoring this but I thought it was a good idea and would like to look into it. Likely later as I cant test it right now.

Keep contributing!

I also like the idea of having some expenses recur automatically, like rent or server costs. I’ll look into subscriptions later (is it still called this?)

If you have a bit of time on your hands and can help with the testing or development, please join in on telegram. Otherwise please continue giving your ideas on this thread.

1 Like

@adam26d well done.Since it is payment, accepting supplier as party under creditor should be the norm and it will be great if you test it and incorporate.Subscription is called now auto repeat.Including it sound good

2 Likes

I prefer to book the bills with invoices. Then pay them with invoice payment.
@Monolithon also having a point about this:

And use auto-repeat to repeat them. No need to reinvent the wheel.

And use Expense doctype for the more-cash-basis transactions.
That’s why I prefer to have Expense doctype simple and not having too many fields to fill, let alone having to care line by line. Just do quick and simple.

In my view, this Expense doctype purpose is simply to be the frontend to JE. So non-accounting users don’t have to deal with JE.

4 Likes

Giving Error on install
Installing expense_request…
Updating DocTypes for expense_request: [============= Updating DocTypes for expense_request: [========================== Updating DocTypes for expense_request: [========================================]
bad json: /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/expense_request/expense_request/fixtures/notification.json
An error occurred while installing expense_request:
No JSON object could be decoded

Hello @Mauriel_Rosero

Thanks for bringing this up. Please try to pull again, I’ve fixed the notifications.json

Thx after delete and install again getting another error, can you please help

Regards

Installing expense_request...

An error occurred while installing expense_request:

(u'Module Def', u'Expense Request', IntegrityError(1062, u"Duplicate entry 'Expense Request' for key 'PRIMARY'"))

Lets track issues from github. Thanks for your response!

https://github.com/the-bantoo/expense_request/issues/1

This is excellent for cash basis transactions. Especially for non profit institutions that only need to expense funds. Good work!

1 Like

This is what my organization exactly needs. Strange it has been added yet.

1 Like

Remembering one thing: The ability to insert some doc/pics in each line, to attach some receipt would be great.

Better than this, if those files can be printed in the PDF report, would be amazing.

1 Like

Hello @adam26d

I would like to thank you for your efforts.

This is such a great idea and contribution. Is the app final now or still under development?

1 Like

Maybe a dumb question - is this feature any different than the Employee Expense Claim in V13?, just that one can associate an Employee.

The Expense Claim is for reimbursement to the employee
(employee -> 3rd party, then company -> employee)

The Expense Voucher is for direct payment to third-party
(company -> 3rd party or company -> employee -> 3rd party)

2 Likes

Is it possible to use GL entry instead of Journal Entry on Expense entry approval?

also, on cancellation of expense entry the accounting entries should be reversed and the Status should change to “Cancelled”

1 Like

Yes, actually Expense Entry is just a simpler form that creates a JE, you can do it directly. This is more for those who don’t understand debits and credits. Also approval convenience. And Yes cancelling should come eventually.

Thanks for testing

1 Like

I saw this checkbox in Accounts Settings, what is the purpose of this?
what happens if this is unticked?
is this feature still in development?

How do I install the script into my ERPNext?