ERPNext Conference Europe 2017 [Confirmed for March 17-18]

Alright guys. So I see that having it in the same time as CeBIT would make sense for a couple of international travelers. That would be in late March. I myself would prefer May but March is fine for me.

Having the conference in Hannover during CeBIT would be absolute madness. Frankfurt shouldn’t be affected and is a rather short high speed train ride from Hannover.

Maybe March 25th and March 26th would be ideal dates in Frankfurt.

for me personaly march would be best as we are very busy from mid April on
but however, depending on how quick we come to an agreement in terms of the date I might be able to free my self even in May

maybe we set up a poll to find out about date preferences and possible amount of attendees!?

That’s a great idea!!
I am in Berlin, so not a big deal driving down to get to the conference.
CeBIT 2017 is from 20th to 24th March, so those, who want to plan to visit that might want to keep those dates in mind.

Great idea!

I will be able to attend on March 25th and March 26th in Frankfurt.

Looking forward to it.

I am all for this! Berlin is awesome, but Frankfurt may be the most accessible as Lufthansa connects India and US through there quite often. I am from the US originally but more often than not working out of Krakow, Poland where i’d be happy to host a conference or something since we have some extra space in our office (depending on the number of people wanting to join). That said, I am all for this!

The guys at Concrete5 are doing a Munich meetup- Meet Franz at the German Meetup

I would totally try to go to an ERPNext conference in Europe! Having it arround CeBIT might make flights and hotel more expensive but a great opportunity to attend both.

We are open to come in March also. +1

@dominik: this is indeed a good idea; as @Eric_Delisle mentioned, Mar 2017 is going to be the good timing.

A couple of other suggestions

• FFM (Frankfurt) location will work fine as it is both the transport hub and the center of IT technologies in the area
  • visa support will be required for many potential visitors/participants from outside EU, GB, and North America - someone on the organizational committee will have to take care of invitation letters to those who need to apply for Shengen visa in such locations

that’s a great idea but … why not search for the CEBIT date yourself and post it here @tara_antonius?

I believe it’s not necessarily @dominik’s duty to comfort and serve everybody just because he came up with the initial idea. Open Source is about contributing and not just consuming and you have a great chance to contribute (even if it’s a small thing like the date of 2017’s CEBIT) here

EDIT: now a little more constructive myself … CeBIT 2017, 20 - 24 March

Hello Everyone! Carly here from ESO Electronic. @dominik and I are starting to plan the conference, and we would suggest holding it on the dates 17-18 March 2017. This is the Friday and Saturday before CEBIT, which would give everyone time to arrive on Thursday and attend the developer workshop on Friday and the conference (with invited speakers) on Saturday before moving on to Hanover for CEBIT the following week.

More details will be coming soon. We have to find an event space, but the location is very likely going to be Frankfurt. I think this is the most convenient location for all of our international guests, as it has the best (and cheapest) flight connections.

It would be great to get a sense of how many people are planning on attending, and if anyone is interested in helping to sponsor the two-day event.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

3 Likes

Hello Everyone…I am starting to get offers for event spaces and I would like to have a better sense of how many people plan on coming to the FIRST ERPNext European conference! It’s a great opportunity to meet more ERPNext users in the European community. Could you please comment on this thread to let me know if you would be interested in a attending the conference?

Here are the details:

Dates: 17-18 March 2016 (Friday and Saturday. We may also consider 18-19 March, which would be Saturday and Sunday, depending on what venues are available).

Plan: Day 1 is the developer workshop and day 2 is the conference. Please consider giving a short talk!

Note that CEBIT will begin that Monday after the ERPNext conference, and Hannover is just a short train ride from Frankfurt, making it easy and convenient for you to attend both.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Carly

2 Likes

hi @Carly_Kal

I am in
I also would volunteer for attendee services or similar if there is anything I can do give me a shout

1 Like

yes count me in, will be my first connection with the community

1 Like

Almost positive I can fly in from Canada to attend. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

17-18 March 2017 are scheduled. Looking forward to visit the conference!

2 Likes

I hope to be there as well. Reserved the dates in my agenda, so let me know when it is confirmed so I can book my tickets asap :slight_smile:

17-18 march are final dates? I would start buying tivkets and reserving hotel if this are final dates.

Regards!

Hello everyone, thanks for the interest in the conference! I am going to Frankfurt tomorrow to scout out a couple of event locations…all possibilities are close to the city center and easily accessible with public transportation. I will let you know this week the confirmed location and dates (either 17/18 March or 18/19 March, depending on venue availability). Stay tuned…

1 Like

Great, thanks @spa! I will let you know as planning unfolds.

1 Like

Great. Would it make sense for one of us to be there?

We already have the conference “app” so we can setup ticketing etc on it quickly.

Might be a good idea to create a landing page for the conference. We can help, so let us know!

2 Likes