ERPNext Conference Europe 2017 [Confirmed for March 17-18]

Today we started the 2016 ERPNext Conference in Mumbai with a developer workshop. More than 60 people attended, and founder Rushabh and lead developer Nabin walked new developers through the Frappe Framework and ERPNext.

Tomorrow will be the day of the conference and I am looking forward to interesting talks from great people who came from all over India and from more than 10 countries to join the event. Every interaction with Rushabh and the Frappe team leaves me more impressed with the software and the vision they are pursuing.

I am happy to see the community grow from year to year, and I think it may be time to have a meetup in Europe to connect with ERPNext users and developers and to advocate for the framework within the Python and business software community.

This is why I am proposing having the first ERPNext Conference Europe in the spring of 2017. The format could follow what is successful here: a developer workshop on one day and the conference with invited talks from community members on the next day.

The event could take place around Frankfurt, Germany since it is easy to reach by train and has the international airport and a low budget airport (Frankfurt Hahn) right by. I would be willing to organize the event with help form the community.

I am curious to see who would be interested in participating and in contributing to such an event. Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Cheers

21 Likes

:thumbsup:

yep… may attend…good idea…

Hi @dominik

I would be up for it depending on the date since I m often on the road…
Have you got a more narrow time frame in mind?

We could start with a dev workshop.

I think the Odoo community would definitely be interested, if we can spread the message https://twitter.com/SISalp/status/787286653341724672

6 Likes

I will definitely give a try. I appreciate the efforts taking by @dominik

Regards,
Kanhaiya Kale

1 Like

Great.

:+1: :vulcan:

I’m in Canada, but might be able to convince my company to send me over.

This is a great idea and could generate a lot of new users.

That would be great, please check when is CEBIT so we can attend that also in Hannover

@tara_antonius A good idea to tie it in to another big conference.

Yep ! Would be interesting ! But not only a developers’ conference ! There would be benefits into having a European communit getting to know each other …

Fr

@tara_antonius

The 2017 CeBIT in Hannover takes place
from Monday 20th March to Friday 24th March 2017

@dominik
If hosting the ERPnext CE 2017 around CeBIT would be an option -
The possible dates could be the weekends of the
18th or 25th of March 2017
what do you think?

just fyi on Sunday 26th of March a Timeshift from CET to CEST is taking place at 2:00am where local time will be shifted to 3:00am

Our team is the midwest of the U.S.A. We would attend if it was in Frankfurt which has inexpensive flights from Chicago to Frankfurt. Our vote is Frankfurt.

Frankfurt is definetely the place in terms of accesability -
I think Hanover is just mentioned as that is where the CeBIT takes place which however is only mentioned to maybe find common grounds in terms of the date not the place

How about May? Does that work for everyone? It would be a nicer time to visit Germany too :slight_smile:

Would leave it to the community to decide!

2 Likes

@rmehta June even better …

My Vote is to have it adjacent to CEBIT, though I would be more interested in clubing it to June as it has Tour de France. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t know about everyone preferences, but I think that CEBIT is not the best time for ERPNext Conference.
Is it true that Hanover in this time would be much more expensive for stay and organize conf? Is cost strong point not only for me?

OK, I was tried tell about Hanover, Cebit and ERPNext in the same time… no way. ERPNext would be get interesting by different path, not Cebit.