ERPNext app is not available at iOS Playstore

Hi everyone, we found out that ERPNext app isn’t available at iOS Playstore.

Yeah… that is probably a ‘good’ thing.

The app (for Anrdoid) is way behind the current releases and has not been updated in over a year. Since Apple makes developers jump through some complicated hoops before they allow your app to be in the store, you will likely never find one for iOS. I mean, the developers don’t even properly support their own recent linux based releases with pro-active fixes so I doubt they would take the time to play nice with the Apple regulators just to be included in their overpriced store.

You can still try using ERPNext in a browser on your iOS device, but my experience with that has been a hit-or-miss kind of thing. Browsers for iOS only work well in some newer versions and not so well if your device is over a year or two old.

Your mileage may vary… :grin:

The bottom line is even the android app itself is not well maintained and you should probably NOT depend on it for your business needs. I have deployed many, many Andriod tablets for ERPNext using both the chrome browser and Firefox. As long as you have large high resolution screens, it works quite well.

BKM

1 Like