Erpnext 10 data import error from template excel file - only English language import works?

hi there,
i want to add multiple items to erpnext from excel file.
i download item template and i add all my items that i want to add erpnext.
also i download template with data and change rows with new items and try to upload
when importing there is an error in all rows: Error row# 22 “doctype” is a required key

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py", line 382, in upload
    doc = frappe.get_doc(doc)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 638, in get_doc
    return frappe.model.document.get_doc(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 64, in get_doc
    raise ValueError('"doctype" is a required key')
ValueError: "doctype" is a required key

what is the problem, how can i add multiple items from excel template. thanks.

Have you downloaded the correct template? and are you choosing the correct doctype during data upload? Also, try to use normal case while posting your queries, bold does not look good.

yes i download the template with data from item doctype. and i change boxes with new items then i upload it there is error.
i try to download template with data then i open fresh erpnext, when i try to upload it also gives same import error.
in excel template there is writing "if new item will inserted then empty the ID coloumn. i tryed it also gives always error

can you help me for importing multi items from excel file?

A screenshot may help for eg

i think this is a language difference problem. when i export data from english erpnext and import to english system, it is ok. but i normally use turkish language. and there is turkish data inside exported excel file. Erpnext cant read turkish language in excel file. i think, the import export mechanism of erpnext can export different languaged excel but cant read some different language data. admins can lookup for this bug please?

try a csv (text ) file and assure codeing is UTF8

i see that in english export file there is writing “DocType:” .but in turkish excel file there is writing “DOCTYPE”. i tried to correct that with “Doctype:” then it gives a different error “too many values to unpack”.

Thanks for reporting this -

Please copy here the full traceback re “too many values to unpack”

This is reported here for review since V10 import of non-English language export gives 'too many values to unpack' · Issue #14663 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

edit: Also please include include the specific ERPNext and Frappe versions

1 Like

just to make sure, the UOM “NOS” as well as the item groups “Raw Materials” “Sub Assembly” etc already exist in your ERPNext ?

yes the UOM present both erpnext and exported excel file. the issue was seen on version 10.0.12

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 385, in upload
doc.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 233, in insert
raise e
DuplicateEntryError: (u’Item’, u’bbb’, IntegrityError(1062, u"Duplicate entry ‘bbb’ for key ‘PRIMARY’"))

So @Kaan_Oztoprak you are now able to import non-English data?

If you cannot reproduce that problem with a traceback, I will close issue #12578

no still i cant import data.

For the devops gurus to go to work on your problem they require these from you