Erpnext source install in ubuntu 16.04

How to install Erp next in ubuntu 16.04 from source

Refer to this

Give me the installation script please

I have provided the place where you should get the script from

I am trying from this link GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps and got this error

TASK [create a new default site] ******************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {ā€œchangedā€: true, ā€œcmdā€: [ā€œbenchā€, ā€œnew-siteā€, ā€œsite1.localā€, ā€œā€“admin-passwordā€, ā€œpasswordā€, ā€œā€“mariadb-root-passwordā€, ā€œNTSQL5y5t3m@dm1nā€], ā€œdeltaā€: ā€œ0:00:03.876787ā€, ā€œendā€: ā€œ2018-01-16 13:46:01.119392ā€, ā€œfailedā€: true, ā€œrcā€: 1, ā€œstartā€: ā€œ2018-01-16 13:45:57.242605ā€, ā€œstderrā€: ā€œERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)ā€, ā€œstderr_linesā€: [ā€œERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)ā€], ā€œstdoutā€: ā€œDatabase not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.\nCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstallā€, ā€œstdout_linesā€: [ā€œDatabase not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.ā€, ā€œCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstallā€]}
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/install.retry

ā€œDatabase not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists

You should install this on a completely clean system

Is it need root user? I have used additional and give command by sudo. then got same error again. I canā€™t login mysql DB. here is showing this error (ERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)
)
,Is there any default format for mysql db?

i have the same error and i install the Pre-requisites

1 Like

please give me the procedure

TASK [create a new default site] ***********************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {ā€œchangedā€: true, ā€œcmdā€: [ā€œbenchā€, ā€œnew-siteā€, ā€œsite1.localā€, ā€œā€“admin-passwordā€, ā€œasdasdā€, ā€œā€“mariadb-root-passwordā€, ā€œasdasdā€], ā€œdeltaā€: ā€œ0:00:01.933628ā€, ā€œendā€: ā€œ2018-01-16 12:20:10.005632ā€, ā€œfailedā€: true, ā€œrcā€: 1, ā€œstartā€: ā€œ2018-01-16 12:20:08.072004ā€, ā€œstderrā€: ā€œERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)ā€, ā€œstderr_linesā€: [ā€œERROR 2002 (HY000): Canā€™t connect to local MySQL server through socket ā€˜/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockā€™ (2)ā€], ā€œstdoutā€: ā€œDatabase not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.\nCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstallā€, ā€œstdout_linesā€: [ā€œDatabase not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.ā€, ā€œCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstallā€]}
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=48 changed=28 unreachable=0 failed=1

I have same, then what u did?

i donā€™t know i try to install mysql and run sudo python install.py --develop
but it give me error

So, how u installed that?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
mysql_secure_installation

Could you give erp next install full command which you have used?

I have used

#apt-get install python-minimal
#apt-get install build-essential python-setuptools
#wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py
#sudo python install.py --production

but it showing the error :frowning:

Could you give me only command for setup erp next in ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04?

I have detailed instructions here. have a look.

https://jwrober.github.io/erpnext_admin_guide/i-u-b/install

1 Like

Remove the bench directory completely. Drop the database and run the instructions again.

James_Robertson

how can I setup LDAP for latest version 10+ and where is the frappe user login information and bench folder ?
N.B: I have successfully installed on ubuntu 16.04 by follow your link

I use 16.04 and have same error, and then I change Ubuntu 14.04. itā€™s running well.