Email settings cannot be saved

I am unable to save the email setting
The screen freezes and then timesout

Just tried replicating in the test account. Working fine.

Please ensure that you are provided valid email id and password. If they are valid, Email Acocunt is save successfully.

I hangs like shown in screenshot

May I know the Email Service used? Perhaps ERPNext is not able to reach the server of email service used by you, hence the request timed out issue.

I am trying to relay to another hosting service which we use in our business.
I am feeling it may be digitalocean issue or setup on erpnext
I am unable to detect the issue , Initially the mails were going through,this started after update

How to do a IMAP setting on port 993 & SMTP at 465

I am getting this error now

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 22, in savedocs
doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 230, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 260, in _save
self.check_if_latest()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 523, in check_if_latest
where name = %s for update"“”.format(self.doctype), self.name, as_dict=True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 142, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query, values)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 250, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 50, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorvalue
OperationalError: (1205, ‘Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction’)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 56, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 21, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 52, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 920, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py”, line 22, in savedocs
doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 230, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 260, in _save
self.check_if_latest()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 523, in check_if_latest
where name = %s for update"“”.format(self.doctype), self.name, as_dict=True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 142, in sql
self._cursor.execute(query, values)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 250, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 50, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorvalue
OperationalError: (1205, ‘Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction’)

I’m also getting this error. I’m using yahoo business mail and keep getting timed out.

I have checked the netstat it says the follwoing
mydomain:45980 smtpserverdomain:pop3 SYN_SENT

Any Help

‘How to do a IMAP setting on port 993 & SMTP at 465’

So there are the email setup instructions to check for help https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/setting-up/email/email-account

Otherwise to troubleshoot, the idea is divide and conquer in steps, to confirm what does and doesn’t work to isolate the problem - here are some checks to try

When I do a smtp check
nc -vv xyz.com 465 it does not respond
but I do a IMAP test
nc -vv gains.hemalinuxcloud.com 993 it works

What could be reason blocked ports ?

1 Like

Solved The service provider had blocked the port

Thanks for pointing to nc command

2 Likes

Got the solution.
There was issue with ipv6 from server provided.