Email server for ERPNext - any recomendation

Hello,
Trying to configure Citadel as email server. ERPNext Smtp ok but I’m not able to get emails in from Citadel.

Any suggestions?

What email system would you recomment at best for ERPNext?

Thank you!
Happy implementing and working with ERPNext,
Camilo

Hello,

If SMTP & POP is rightly configured, it should work if I’m not wrong.
Perhaps, Google apps for business is what I would recommend (this is my personal openion).

Sunil
Nescode (http://nescode.com)
Partner for ERPNext

Thank you Sunil,

I have seen that Scheduler Log is not working. Could be this also related with the email incoming mails. Do you know any information about Scheduler Log?: Method???

I appreciate,
Camilo

What is your deployment like? Read this:

We recommend a third party SMTP like Mandrill

Thank you Rushabh,

My deployment is a production one with Supervisor and Nginx. All working realy well. After readings I think I miss cron jobs at the installation process. How can I check for sure if this is the case and it is possible to install it afterwards? I’v seen install_erpnext.py but I’m not sure if this would be the right way and wehre and how to install it. I appreciate very much your help. This piece is fundamental in order to present ERPNext to potential customers.

best,
Camilo

ERPNext no more depends on cronjobs for scheduled tasks, it’s handled by celerybeat, so if supervisor is up, scheduled jobs are running.

Although, there is a cronjob to take backups every 6hrs, you can check that using,

su - frappe
crontab -l

Thank you Pratik,
I was guessing something like this.
As I install it, I miss the email configuration and answer not to configure it. I thought I will do this later.
It is possible to do it afterwards or it is better to install it again? I actually don’t have much data at two of the systems so it is not a big deal. But anyways there is an uninstall method?
I appreciate very much your help.
Camilo

If you’re going to use an external SMTP server, leaving that question (about postfix) unanswered doesn’t matter.

I think Postfix and Mandrill, as Rushabh suggested will do the job. I’m allways scared about Email configuration and really don’t know much about. Citadel was full of futures I really don’t need…
Thank you!

Could you tell me how to configure port 993 which I do need for Sync,Support Mails with external pop3 account?
I appreciate,
Camilo

Please refer Not Found

Thank you. It was nothing about the port but I think this is configured properly, internaly. Now Emails are comming in and out. Now I can come back to implementation. Do you need help for spanish translation. I could spend some time on it.

CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR AWSOME ERPNext PRODUCT!!! You are truly inspiration!
with my kindest regards,
Camilo Correa

Thanks! :smile:
We have a translation portal here, Not Found

Looking forward to your contributions!

Still not finish with email configuration…
All Email SMTP and POP settings working well but there is a possibility to configure incomming Email per user account? I don’t see any pop extraction email settings for a particular user…or it is just not possible?

I truly appreciate your help,
Camilo

Currently, there is no provision for “incoming mail” for every users. But in ERPNext Ver 5.0, there will be an unified inbox(under development) and every users will have “personal” as well as “global” inbox.

You may refer Universal Mailbox · Issue #561 · frappe/frappe · GitHub for more details.

Sunil
Nescode (http://nescode.com)
Partner for ERPNext

The link is not working any more and I have to set-up pop mail with SSL port 993. How do I do?
I believe it is the cause of the the incoming email being automatically deactivated even after downloading emails from server…