Editing >10 months old submitted invoices take a huge time

Hi, I have been using ERPNext for over a year now… I somtimes find mistakes that I have made in old sales invoices and fix them by cancelling, amending then submitting new amended invoice…

This process works very well except that cancelling and submitting invoices for old dates (10 months old for example) take a huge time… may be more than 5 min…

This does not happen with old payment entries for instance… they get executed really fast.

Can someone help fix this issue.

Hi Sherif,

Do you make your Sales Invoices with Update Stock checked? Or is update stock unchecked? What version ofERPNext are you on?

Thanks

Jay

Thanks Jay for your Reply.

Sales invoice are with update stock checked yes, but cancelling and submitting ones of recent dates (say one month ago for instance) works very smoothly.

it is version v.12.11.1.
Frappe v.12.9

Hi Sherif,

I guess it takes that much time, as by cancelling a transaction, means that ERPNext has to revalue the stocks for every transaction after that date. The more recent transactions will happen quicker as there are not that many stock transactions that need to be revalued. In ver 13 and with immutable ledgers, you wouldn’t be able to repost cancelled transactions. So, you may have to try and focus on reducing/eliminating errors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Thank you Jay for your reply.

Do you mean that in V13, I will not be able to cancel and amend a transcation. So the workaround would be cancelling and duplicating or creating a new one?

Yes. Looks like you can cancel a transaction. But you cannot pre-date a transaction. Please take a look at this link. Immutable Ledger

Not sure how that will work if you turn off perpetual inventory on Ver 13. You may still not be able to pre-date a stock transaction. Not sure. Need to test that out.

But with ver 13, even if you cancel a Sales Invoice, the effect of that will remain in the General Ledger (as the transaction is not getting cancelled. Reverse entries are posted), so from a regulatory perspective things may become more tricky.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

thanks a lot Jay