Easy Install Complete Guide Ubuntu 18.04.3 ERPNEXT V12 /Sorry! We will be back soon Don’t panic fixed

Yes i did run it. And like i said, even though it didn’t seem to fix the problem, i then restarted the server and everything seems okay now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

nice, great its works to you also… yes thats i also men
tioned at the end to restart the server because its also hppen to me hehe…

thank you

1 Like

i finished the installation as well
the when i login by browser to the web site and everything is OK
but when i setting up my system doesn’t complete and this error appear to me
Request Timed Out ( Could not start up: Error in setup )

I know it is a long read, but would you tell me if you are seeing this issue :

Setup Wizard fails with “Request Timed Out ( Could not start up: Error in setup )”

@Ahmed.Khater @MartinHBramwell never encounter that error and i successfully setup wizard…

Clicked retry 3 times until it worked
or
bench --site site1.local reinstall
or
… try to install werkzeug==0.16.1 in frappe not the 0.16.0

note my ubuntu is fresh installed 18.04.3 and dont run apt update and upgrade

You say …

… but you also say …

I’m quite sure you needed three tries because you were encountering that error.

In my case I keep retrying and never succeed.

Did you check the log file:

./frappe-bench/logs/web.error.log

yes that what happened with me

Yesterday I also face same problem. and I just remove latest version and install old version.
just below 2 command from bench initialized directory:
first

./env/bin/pip uninstall Werkzeug

then

./env/bin/pip install Werkzeug==0.16.0
1 Like

@mainul

We are actually talking about two different problems!
Have you resolved:

1. the werkzeug problem, or
  2. this one: Setup Wizard fails with “Request Timed Out ( Could not start up: Error in setup )”

Setup Wizard fails with “Request Timed Out ( Could not start up: Error in setup )”
and the problem still exist

@Ahmed.Khater

Oh God!

Is it the coronavirus??? :mask:

There’s at least four of us completely blocked by this and the lack of support is really starting to make me worried.

…and it has cost, and is still costing, me SO MUCH TIME. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@MartinHBramwell Well i installed successfully following the guide here. Go to /etc/nginx/sites-available and delete the file named default. Install the Werkzeug version recommended and reboot the server. Your install should come online.

Could you tell me which one? There are too many and they contradict each other.

@MartinHBramwell i followed the install steps outlined by @sinichi19 here:

You can ignore sudo ln -s pwd /config/nginx.conf /etc/nginx/conf.d/frappe-bench.conf as it doesn’t seem to work. Just got to /etc/nginx/sites-available and delete the file “default” instead and follow the other steps as outlined. Once you’re done, reboot the server and you’ll be able to login to your install.

CAUTION: DO NOT run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade before installing. there’s a new dependency that bench doesn’t support yet so your installation will break if you update before installing.

1 Like

If that’s the root cause of what I’m seeing I’m gonna slash my wrists!!! It would mean I’ve spent the most of last month tracking down 3rd party bugs that land at just the exact moment I finish making a complex change. Two days making changes. A week tracking down why it won’t work. Gah!

Do you know which APT dependency is causing it?

@MartinHBramwell Well I was too much in a hurry trying to get my instance to work that I didn’t note the name of the dependency. It’s essentially an upgrade that is explicitly mentioned will break bench because it’s not supported yet. And true to the warning bench broke after the install. I’ll try and recreate the error later if I can and report here.

I’d be very grateful if you could do that, because I have other things going in my installation that need apt-get update. I think they do NOT need apt-get upgrade.

If I am not wrong apt-get update merely refreshes knowledge of updates but does not actually do them. If true I am probably ok, just disabling apt-get upgrade.

i never encountered that error i also search here in forum and shared to you… like what i mention my installation guide is collection of some posted fixed here… @MartinHBramwell

thank you

is only for me… but in my other system is important to update and upgrade only here erpnext i encounter error when install. thats why im not run that command

This thread is a bit difficult to read.

@MartinHBramwell, is the root question: Why Does the ERPNext Setup Wizard timeout or not finish?