We are dropping support for Python 2 from Frappe Framework version 13. (PR Link)
- Official support for Python2 has been dropped.
- Use Python 3 to its full potential and take advantage of new features (eg., f-Strings, type annotations, etc.)
- To avoid maintaining codebase for 2 python versions.
- Dependencies have started to drop support for Python 2 like RedisPy
What changes for you?
- You have to switch your bench to Python 3. How?
bench migrate-env python3(make sure you have Python 3.7 installed on your system)
- If you have custom apps are written in Python2 use this article to port your Python2 code to Python3
Note: You can still continue to use Python 2 but we won’t guarantee its compatibility.