Double Ledger Parties (Customer / Supplier as same party)

Thanks for working on this. Any vision on merging this to the core?

2 Likes

smart solution!

After installing this app - does it even out credit and debit for previous transactions? Or only for future transactions?

Only for the future transactions

Hello @Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi, @rmehta
please how do i install it on my ERPNEXT V12? i am new to erpnext but if properly guided i can be able to do it.
Regards.

Hi @Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi is it possible to use the open sales invoice as a payment for the open purchase invoice on the payment entry? so that both invoices will be paid?

It is not possible through payment entry

@ponyooooo, what @Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi says is right, it’s not possible using “Payment Entry”, but you should make a Journal Entry for that case

Thank you for the response. But how should I create a journal entry? What entries should be made? Will it not remove the status paid of 1 invoice?

Thank you so much @Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi.
It works with me and creates adjusting entries successfully. But I have one big problem with cancelling invoices.
When I try to cancel a purchase invoice, I get a message to device to cancel the adjusting entry as below:

But when I click to cancel, nothing happen, and I get a message that the Journal entry is linked.

I can’t also cancel the entry as it is linked with the invoice.
What part of the code can I check to solve this issue?

Please look the code here.

A PR has been generated to merge this feature to ERPNext
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/27039

Kindly review
Regards

1 Like

Yes, this is the part of code that I checked, but couldn’t find the reason why my system doesn’t cancel the invoice and the Adjusting Journal entry as explained in my previous comment here

I guess it is a bug in the code.

Or do I miss something in the installation? Or there must be some other modifications in the ERPNext and Frappe Apps?

Dear @ Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi
I wish if you can comment on that issue as it stops me from utilizing the “Double Ledger Parties” with ERPNext

This functionality has been released as a feature. You can find it in the latest v13.

5 Likes

Thank you so much Sir, testing and works well. great job.

My pleasure

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi, this is very much appreciated!

Very welcome

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/28481
v13.16.0