Try ERPNext Try Frappe Cloud Buy Support Partners Foundation

Docker Installation

So I’ve tried to install erpnext using docker and the installation was successful. But after installation, I tried docker ps on the terminal and this is what I’m getting.

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                         COMMAND                  CREATED       STATUS                          PORTS                                      NAMES
4d7253a87e7a   frappe/erpnext-worker:edge    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 36 seconds ago                                              frappe_docker_erpnext-worker-long_1
a891b24624b2   frappe/erpnext-worker:edge    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 46 seconds ago                                              frappe_docker_erpnext-schedule_1
724a29350478   frappe/erpnext-worker:edge    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 40 seconds ago                                              frappe_docker_erpnext-worker-short_1
4602ddec2400   frappe/erpnext-worker:edge    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 1 second ago                                                frappe_docker_erpnext-worker-default_1
ee2c035d6f6c   frappe/frappe-socketio:edge   "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 4 seconds ago                                               frappe_docker_frappe-socketio_1
5bb575ceb1ab   frappe/erpnext-nginx:edge     "/docker-entrypoint.…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 17 seconds ago                                              frappe_docker_erpnext-nginx_1
e76805def8da   redis:latest                  "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Up 3 hours                      6379/tcp                                   frappe_docker_redis-cache_1
cab5a593883a   redis:latest                  "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Up 3 hours                      6379/tcp                                   frappe_docker_redis-socketio_1
03acf71f3cc7   redis:latest                  "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Up 3 hours                      6379/tcp                                   frappe_docker_redis-queue_1
6933189f7e79   frappe/erpnext-worker:edge    "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Restarting (1) 8 seconds ago                                               frappe_docker_erpnext-python_1
bb4c4ea08513   traefik:v2.2                  "/entrypoint.sh --lo…"   3 hours ago   Up 3 hours                      0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp   frappe_docker_traefik_1
628d99b07b3f   mariadb:10.3                  "docker-entrypoint.s…"   3 hours ago   Up 3 hours                      3306/tcp                                   frappe_docker_mariadb_1

Has anybody else faced this issue while installation? WHat’s the workaround to this? I’m using a 64bit Ubuntu Server 21.04

Don’t use edge images in production.

what are the logs of the failing containers?

here’s what I got in the logs

standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: exec format error

Sorry I can’t help.

Can you share your docker-compose file if someone else can find anything?

Sharing my quick and dirty docker-swarm deployment method, with stacks (sparse at the moment, I am sanitising stacks and uploading them as I find time) including all in one single site ERPNext.

1 Like

Create a post for it if you wish. You can add custom recipes to frappe_docker/wiki, add link to your repo in the wiki.

1. Three redis can be reduced to 1, use redis:6379/0, redis:6379/1 and redis:6379/2
  2. If you are using traefik and all the public containers are connected to traefik-public network then each stack for erpnext that is added should name its services with unique names. e.g. erpnext-nginx becomes erpnext-nginx-staging, erpnext-nginx-prod, erpnext-nginx-00
1 Like

Thanks,

Tested and appears to function properly, so have updated to include only one redis. I was basing this off of the provided docker swarm example.

Traefik services are already based off of a variable set in portainer, typically the stack name. The header describes required stack variables.