Do I need to be concerned because "*** Scheduler is disabled ***?

I appear to have correctly restored the database and files from my laptop dev vm to my production vm server, but I am concerned by the “*** Scheduler is disabled ***” message in the restore log. What does this message mean? Do I need to enable the scheduler?

frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ bench restore ~/backup/erpnext-r04_dev_vm_bench_backup_with_files/20171208_020612-erpnext_vm-database.sql  --with-public-files ~/backup/erpnext-r04_dev_vm_bench_backup_with_files/20171208_020612-erpnext_vm-files.tar --with-private-files ~/backup/erpnext-r04_dev_vm_bench_backup_with_files/20171208_020612-erpnext_vm-private-files.tar
MySQL root password:
*** Scheduler is disabled ***
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$

I saw this message was often reported by people having backup/restore problems, but I didn’t see any explanation of what it meant.

Thanks!
Dale

Just run bench enable-scheduler to enable it.

5 Likes

I appear to have re-enabled the scheduler using “bench enable-scheduler”, but why would the scheduler be disabled? Does “bench restore” intentionally disable the scheduler and leave it to be re-enabled manually? Why?

Also, before re-enabling, I tried “bench disable-scheduler” to see if there would be an error because the scheduler is presumably already disable - but no error. How do I know it was actually disabled before? Does this seem to be correct behavior?

frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ bench disable-scheduler
Disabled for erpnext.vm
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$ bench enable-scheduler
Enabled for erpnext.vm
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench$

Thanks all,
Dale

1 Like

I think you could be on developer branch.

1 Like

I’m using the VirtualBox vm, would that follow a developer branch?

Also FWIW I downloaded the vm image about two months ago, and have run “bench update” once since - about three weeks ago.

Dale

1 Like

I’m on the master branch. Can anyone answer:

1. why did “bench restore” output that the scheduler was disabled? Did the restore operation intentionally disable the scheduler? (and if so, why?)

2. how can you tell if the scheduler is enabled or disabled? It seems you can disable the scheduler without an error even if already disabled, or enable the scheduler without an error even if already enabled.

P.S. thanks for colleague @clarkej for showing how to check which branch I’m running.

frappe@erpnext:~$ cd ~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'upstream/master'.

nothing to commit, working directory clean
frappe@erpnext:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$

Cheers,
Dale

1 Like