[Discussion] Marketing ERPNext to drive major growth

Hi
I believe one of the most effective marketing tools are reviews…on software comparison sites…
The recognition by Gartner/Softwareadvice seems very important…The steep move from April till October is due to positive user reviews:
See: Gartner Launches FrontRunners; a New Type of Quadrant - Anthony Bradley

The information is copied to other websites, like this Dutch Part of a large EU initiative where Erpnext is mentioned due to Softwareadvice…Open source ERP: serieus alternatief voor de closed source pakketten?

Looking at Erpnext under https://www.softwareadvice.com/erp/erpnext-profile/ I see not many reviews…

Like has been done earlier:
Create a list of review sites…Pin it on top of the discuss.frappe…and ask /urgemembers to leave a review…

Robert

2 Likes

Hi kolate…A good initiative…But is there an advantage to create a new site for this…slack…why not just a category under discuss.frapp… People ( I ) dont like to follow too many lists…rgds robert

1 Like

Creating isolated groups either in discuss or other platforms could be counter productive as you are limiting the contributions to a smaller group. It will also make it more opaque than it already is. Creating a group is very helpful to get the needed attention from team members. It might be very useful for discussing high level management/admin stuff. But using it for everything will be moving away from the idea of opensource.

1 Like

12 days ago I posted here a wish to consolidate the Marketing discussion in one place so we can easily locate it. That one place doesn’t need to be Slack unless we start discussing what could be classified as internal matters. But I see your point @becht_robert that in open source spirit, most/all discussions should be open. If we come across an exception to this rule down the line, we can then hop to Slack or similar.

1 Like

@becht_robert

We are following same strategy which other module volunteers following. Sometime you need to make proposal, presentation and send show it to foundation member for taking approval.

I suggest, we can have conference call of all member for decide tool. WhatsApp and Telegram is good, but if any contributor don’t have this, then we can use gitter erpnextmktg/Lobby - Gitter

@Sami_Tayara Can you suggest time for conference call?

Hello,

I am making wiki for Marketing and SEO activity.
Please add your topic Marketing and SEO Wiki for Contributors
Please don’t add discussion on above topic. for discussion, we can use current topic.

Thanks,
Sam

@kolate_sambhaji I propose conference call this Friday Nov 17 at a time suitable for most time-zones. For example 15:00 IST.

Dear team of ERPNext Marketing volunteers.

It has been almost a month since we launched this initiative and opinions collected so far emphasize the importance of user reviews and how to spread them in different forums. I do agree that these user reviews are important as I was myself swayed to use ERPNext based on such reviews. Also this enthusiasm of ERPNext users and their strong belief that they are getting Excellent Value from the software is what placed ERPNext so prominently on the Gartner quadrant twice in 2017.

What we haven’t managed to achieve so far is having our first conference call so we can discuss how to move forward increasing the number of user reviews as well as other effective grass-root marketing techniques. Thanks to @kolate_sambhaji for proposing different conference call tools, please Kolate help me to give it another try and see if we can have such a call tomorrow Friday Nov 24 or Saturday Nov 25.

1 Like

We can setup call same time foundation setup call.
6:30 AM - 7:30 AM UTC
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM IST

OR

12:30 PM - 1:30 PM UTC
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM IST
Also if all are ready for Telegram, then its Telegram is good tool for discussion as everyone will get instant message.

The challenge we have is two-folds: 1- We are missing is a tool to call people to action that everyone already has, and that will send a notification they can’t miss (example WhatsApp) and 2- the tool where the actual conference call will happen.

For #2 I recommend the same gotomeeting account used in the weekly foundation calls (see attached screenshot).

For #1 I also suggest we collect the email address of every volunteer so we can send them invites that show up in their calendars.

1 Like

Hello,

I can create a meeting from the foundation’s GTM account if needed.

We can create a group for marketers in the foundation. Just a tag like @foundationmarketers will trigger an email to all the members.

2 Likes

Hi Umair,

Yes please help us do all you proposed above with GTM and @foundationmarketers and have a way to check who is currently part of this group and be able to send them invitations quickly. Thanks.