Disable Customers in case of Change in NAME of a customer

I have been faced with the situation when one of my customer changes their name. Now there are 2 options to do this:

1. To make a new customer with new name (This is the preferred method):

• This is because the old customer name cannot have new invoices due to tax authorities issues
  • The problem is that if we create a new customer then the old customer should be made inactive but there seems to be no option to make inactive.

2. To change the name of the customer to the new one, this creates 2 problems:

• If name of the customer is XYZ and he changes to ABC then the ID and name would be very different
  • Also there might be a problem with tax authorities as XYZ might well be a old company and might have been closed down.

Hi Aditya,

You could set it as Cancelled. We will make a button to do the same!

Thanks for the suggestion.

- Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 29-May-2012, at 12:55 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

I have been faced with the situation when one of my customer changes their name. Now there are 2 options to do this:

• This is because the old customer name cannot have new invoices due to tax authorities issues
  • The problem is that if we create a new customer then the old customer should be made inactive but there seems to be no option to make inactive.

• If name of the customer is XYZ and he changes to ABC then the ID and name would be very different
  • Also there might be a problem with tax authorities as XYZ might well be a old company and might have been closed down.

Yeah!!!

I think that would be great thing. Actually I would like to take this suggestion a bit further, I suggest that we should have a cancelled button for all the Masters. Like:

• Sales Persons (There is a lot of attrition in this group atleast in my company and now we cannot delete an old sales person so this is badly needed there as well)
  • Item Groups
  • Suppliers
  • Some more I need to think on but can’t really get the full list now
But anyhow to have it in customers would be a great help and a good starting point.

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:28:22 PM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Hi Aditya,

You could set it as Cancelled. We will make a button to do the same!

Thanks for the suggestion.

- Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 29-May-2012, at 12:55 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote: