Different Naming series for different Employment type in same company

Hi All,

I am using ERPNext V13 and planning to create Employee records. However I want to using different naming series and sequence based for different employment type (Full-time and Intern) on the naming series selected under same company. For example -

• Full-time Employee Naming series would be A-HR.##### (where A is company abbreviation and .##### is the series for Full time employees starting from 1 till 83 (so far).
  • Intern Naming series would be A.HR-I.##### (where A is company abbreviation, I means Intern [not a full-time employee], .##### is series specific for only Interns starting from 10 to 25 (so far).

So if I add a full-time employee using A-HR.##### naming series, it should create A-HR.0084 and if I add an Intern using A-HR-I.##### naming series, it should create A-HR.0026.
It should not mix the sequence of Full-time and Intern. I do not see the option to give separate sequence based on naming series in ERPNext. If there is such an option, please highlight that to me. It will be very beneficial.

Use the employee type field in the name series. If it doesn’t exist create it and quote it in the naming series. Let’s say we have two employee types:

1. I (short for Intern)
  2. E (short for employee)

Quote this field in the naming series and it will show up as A.HR-I.#### for interns and A.HR-E.#### for employees.

However to display the “I” in the naming series for interns only and nothing for other employees, you will have to write custom code which will only create a hassle for you. I’d suggest creating a Employee Type field and using that in the naming series.

1 Like

Check this link. You will have to configure something similar for the employment type.

Hope this helps.