"Develop" will be Frappe/ERPNext 7

Wonderful job @rmehta and team.

It would be nice to have an option to enable/disable “side effecting” functionality as it is there in mixerp (https://github.com/mixerp/mixerp#mixerp-disallows-side-effecting-functionality).

Just my two paise! :wink:

@zenny “side editing” is one of the most hardest things to implement. No wonder mixerp does not allow :slight_smile: Because you have to forward post all balances!

In real life, you often want to do those transactions though. Any production ready ERP needs to allow those.

please add simple and usable fonction for back up and restore, so we dont need to be developer to use it !

thx

That is the reason, let the admin opt for “side editing” or not from the admin panel. Disallowing side-editing is important for preventing manipulation of accounts in corrupt environment like India among others. :wink:

Hello,

I see that rmehta comments up in this thread any error about new update should go here, so I hope this is the correct place to write this.

I have just done a bench update on develop branch, and I see that the system is trying to update to v7, but it gets stuck. This is the error I get:

`
Migrating site1.local
Executing erpnext.patches.v7_0.update_party_status in site1.local (1bd3e0294d)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 162, in _run_module_as_main
main”, fname, loader, pkg_name)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py”, line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 79, in
main()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 16, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 716, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 696, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1060, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1060, in invoke
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 889, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 534, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 17, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands.py”, line 29, in _func
ret = f(frappe._dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands.py”, line 218, in migrate
migrate(context.verbose, rebuild_website=rebuild_website)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/migrate.py”, line 27, in migrate
frappe.modules.patch_handler.run_all()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 25, in run_all
if not run_single(patchmodule = patch):
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 52, in run_single
return execute_patch(patchmodule, method, methodargs)
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/patch_handler.py”, line 68, in execute_patch
frappe.get_attr(patchmodule.split()[0] + “.execute”)()
File “/home/erpnext/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/patches/v7_0/update_party_status.py”, line 7, in execute
doc.update_status()
AttributeError: ‘Customer’ object has no attribute ‘update_status’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 9, in
load_entry_point(‘bench==0.1’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/home/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
bench_command()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 610, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 590, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 936, in invoke
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 782, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 416, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/commands/update.py”, line 60, in update
_update(pull, patch, build, bench, auto, restart_supervisor, requirements, no_backup, upgrade, force=force)
File “/home/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/commands/update.py”, line 90, in _update
patch_sites(bench=bench_path)
File “/home/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/utils.py”, line 131, in patch_sites
run_frappe_cmd(‘–site’, ‘all’, ‘migrate’, bench=bench)
File “/home/erpnext/bench-repo/bench/utils.py”, line 454, in run_frappe_cmd
raise CommandFailedError(args)
bench.utils.CommandFailedError: (‘–site’, ‘all’, ‘migrate’)

`

Many thanks and kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Pushed the fixes, please update again.

1 Like

Yes, it works now.

Many thanks for the prompt reply!!

Kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Hi @rmehta

What are the new features of project management? It would be great if this is better integrated with the rest of the system. At the moment it has very limited functionality. We have created a topic on this on another thread… Hope that some of these features will be available soon or there is a workaround…

thank you

1 Like

@zenny if tampering with previous postings is your major concern, I’m aware ERPNext has a feature to freeze accounting entries and only allow a specified role to edit them

Also, you can determine which roles are able to Cancel and/or Amend a document after it is submitted. Does this not suffice?

Cheers

Kind Regards,
Olawale

1 Like

@wale Yes, that normally suffices when frappe sysadmin is also not involved into the scams in corrupt economies, but that does not sound like so in those countries (http://www.transparency.org/country). Who else knows better than the ERPNext developers themselves who hail from India? All corruption originates from manipulation of books, particularly ordered to the bookkeeper from the top in top-down polities, afaik. :wink:

Interesting…

@zenny, if the sysadmin is in on the scam, couldn’t they enable ‘side editing’ regardless?

@cpurbaugh I agree.

1. In the new UI (frappe develop), doctype opens in print preview mode by default. Is that a setting that can be changed? I don’t think everyone will want the doctype to be opened like that.

2. The quick create mode - While the quick create mode is great, can be that be changed as well? We dont want quick create mode for all doctypes.

@fikerjayz Agreed. Salary structure and deductions will make payroll easier. And as I mentioned before, country specific rules and settings by default will be AWESOME.

Hello,

Another issue I am finding with new v7 development versio is with the tasks:

If I create a new task and I save it, it doesn’t appear automatically on the list view of tasks. You have to click on refresh to view it.

Many thanks and kind regards from Spain,

Alb

Is there a demo of V7 up yet? I’d love to check it out.

Thanks,
Adam

1 Like

Would love that too.

@rmehta trust you’re doing great. Any update on release date for v7 yet? Looking forward to all the new features especially POS and Collaborative Project Management

Thanks

2 Likes

How do I do that?