Detailed Activity Tracker to Monitor ERP Implementation - Enhancement

Dear All,

This is a request for an enhancement and also request for suggestions.

We’ve been deploying ERPNext in our company over the last 12 months. While it is starting to finally gain traction, we need an easy way to mail reports of user activity in the system. This way we can reward people who are using the system and punish those who are not. This is critical to move things along and ensure that we have visibility into which modules of the ERP system are being used. Ideally this report would be auto-generated and show (module or doctype wise) which user is active so we could share this with the respective users. This way they would know that their ERP usage is being tracked and monitored allowing organizations to build incentive structures for people to start using the ERP. I am open to thoughts and suggestions on this. Moreover, I am also open to contributing funds towards this development.

Currently, I am having a weekly meeting with the people responsible for implementing the different functions (Sales/Purchase Management/Accounts etc) with little quantitative data on the usage of the ERP system. However, I am open to suggestions/inputs from other ERP Champions and what strategies have they found to be effective in on-boarding their staff to the ERP system.

All thoughts, suggestions welcome!

1 Like

@jai_kejriwal In my experience, this may not work. To get everyone on board the best way is to stop all alternative processes

For example, if someone wants material from the store, it will not be issued till a material request is raised. Quotes will not be sent via wordprocessor etc.

Once you do this, the performance can be actually tracked by the function the person is incharge of. By tracking input, it may work partially, but can also be gamed. Best to track the “output”

My 2c

@rmehta I agree with you in that your method is most effective. However, it is difficult to implement in older organizations such as ours. Becomes even harder when we are dealing with multiple locations of use and having only one champion. A further complexity is when the older, entrenched staff does not necessarily want to change their current system of working. One of the biggest obstacles I am finding is the perceived (and not always accurate) threat of job loss of certain employees if we do successfully migrate to an ERP way of working.

Monitoring and reporting is the method that was successfully deployed by many clients of mine when I was previously in consulting so that people could be kept honest. Also, people tend to come around when they see their peers contributing and them getting left behind.

Moreover, your point about gaming the system is well taken and we will address that periodically.