Desk 2.0 - New Navigation

Thanks mslake for sharing. The React grid layout looks cool. May I know where you plan to design this into? To replace the desktop page?

For me, it’s totally find as it give a flexibility to move/sizing around for each module/functions.

Thanks.

This comment is difficult for me to understand. Would you mind being a bit more specific or point me to a page where I can read more? What is the “different direction”?

Martin, look at the thread below:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I realize, that I should read more in this forum …

Hi @joshreeder,

are there any news about your stand-alone frappe app? I am currently getting into ERPNext for a completely new internalö project. Therefore no pre-biased users here that would know the old desk.

I would therefore realy like to start the project with a more modern look and feel.

Thanks
Doca

1 Like

agree, keep it simple. new approach adds too much clutter.
an erp is a power-tool, users will learn shortcuts and prioritize screen estate & clarity.

remember that many people use 13" laptops

2 Likes

I suggest to avoid animations. It looks nice but will quickly become annoying.
Also, why have collapsed hierarchies like that when the screen estate allows to show all? The result is just an incredible amount of mouse-clicks to find what you are looking for.

2 Likes

Hello all,

we just updated to v12 and I have to say I kind of like the new desktop. I would say a few things are missing but it’s more tidy then the old one.

One thing I would realy like would be if I was able to create a new DocType Instance right from the Desktop. If there was the + from the DocType Dashboard where the arrow is pointing in the following pic that would be great.
grafik

What do you all think?

3 Likes

That’s a brilliant idea! I think it would definitely enhance the UX

Cheers

+1 for that :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mario_Truss is this something you might be able to push via PR?

@wojosc What do you mean?

as just talked about on the phone…

@joelios lets have a quick look at this on friday. Maybe we are already able to push a PR…

I’ll keep you all posted.

2 Likes

That would be awesome! :+1:t3: