Deprecating old style reports

Hello All,

We are planning to deprecate the old style report using Search Criteria, as it is very difficult to support different kinds of reporting tool. Also, the new reporting tool using Report Builder, Query Report and Script Report, are far better than old reports. 

We have a plan to deprecate that from 15th May, 2013. So, we request all who have created custom reports using old reporting tool, to migrate into new reports.

New reports can be made from Toolbar --> Report or Toolbar --> New --> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on er...@googlegroups.com

We are working on shifting all old style reports to new style. We are hoping to finish the task by the end of the month.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hello All,
We have migrated all old style standard reports using new reporting tool and removed old ones from erpnext. Please refer new reports for day-to-day work. If you do not found any old report, may be they are renamed, otherwise please let us know.

We have not yet removed old style custom reports, but those will also not be supported in upcoming release (responsive branch). Hence, we request you if you customized any reports based on "Search Criteria", please migrate them into new style.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Monday, April 22, 2013 12:39:44 PM UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
Hello All,

We are planning to deprecate the old style report using Search Criteria, as it is very difficult to support different kinds of reporting tool. Also, the new reporting tool using Report Builder, Query Report and Script Report, are far better than old reports. 

We have a plan to deprecate that from 15th May, 2013. So, we request all who have created custom reports using old reporting tool, to migrate into new reports.

New reports can be made from Toolbar --> Report or Toolbar --> New --> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on erpnext-developer-forum@googlegroups.com

We are working on shifting all old style reports to new style. We are hoping to finish the task by the end of the month.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Nabin,

Great to know that all old style reports are deprecated, honestly the new reports’ engine is way advanced. Kudos!!!

Just wanted to know if there is any report which would show the stock status on a particular day for all items and all warehouses.
Something like this:

Item Code

Item Description

WH1

WH2

WH3

A

XYZ

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

B

I know this report was there in the old style reports but now I am unable to find any report like this.

On Monday, 24 June 2013 14:45:52 UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
Hello All,
We have migrated all old style standard reports using new reporting tool and removed old ones from erpnext. Please refer new reports for day-to-day work. If you do not found any old report, may be they are renamed, otherwise please let us know.

We have not yet removed old style custom reports, but those will also not be supported in upcoming release (responsive branch). Hence, we request you if you customized any reports based on "Search Criteria", please migrate them into new style.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello All,

New reports can be made from Toolbar --> Report or Toolbar --> New --> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Regards,
Nabin Hait

I can't remember, there was any report which display warehouse-wise balance in different columns. As for many users, there are too many warehouses (in one account it was around 2000 odd warehouses :)), it may be not a good idea, to create column for those.

You can get warehouse-wise balance in "Stock Balance" report. In future, we can give an option "Group by warehouse", to show warehouse-wise balance and total of all warehouses in a single view (just like General Ledger).

On 27-Jun-2013, at 7:52 AM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Hi Nabin,

Great to know that all old style reports are deprecated, honestly the new reports' engine is way advanced. Kudos!!!

Just wanted to know if there is any report which would show the stock status on a particular day for all items and all warehouses.
Something like this:

Item Code

Item Description

WH1

WH2

WH3

A

XYZ

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

B

I know this report was there in the old style reports but now I am unable to find any report like this.

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello All,

New reports can be made from Toolbar --> Report or Toolbar --> New --> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

Regards,
Nabin Hait

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Well, I think I just mis-reported. I want to get a report of balance of all warehouse which was I am sure possible in old style reports.

Currently in the stock balances the balances are consolidated if we don’t select a warehouse but what I am looking for is to get the balances are per each warehouse like

Item A  WH1 = 190
Item A WH2 = 200
Item A WH3  = 30

instead of what we get is Item A =420.

I hope this report is missing from the system.

On Thursday, 27 June 2013 11:29:46 UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:
I can’t remember, there was any report which display warehouse-wise balance in different columns. As for many users, there are too many warehouses (in one account it was around 2000 odd warehouses :)), it may be not a good idea, to create column for those.

You can get warehouse-wise balance in “Stock Balance” report. In future, we can give an option “Group by warehouse”, to show warehouse-wise balance and total of all warehouses in a single view (just like General Ledger).

Hi Nabin,

Great to know that all old style reports are deprecated, honestly the new reports’ engine is way advanced. Kudos!!!

Something like this:

Item Code

Item Description

WH1

WH2

WH3

A

XYZ

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

B

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Actually there is a report named "Warehouse-wise Stock Balance" under stock module. It gives exactly same output, please check.

On 27-Jun-2013, at 4:53 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Well, I think I just mis-reported. I want to get a report of balance of all warehouse which was I am sure possible in old style reports.

Currently in the stock balances the balances are consolidated if we don't select a warehouse but what I am looking for is to get the balances are per each warehouse like

Item A  WH1 = 190
Item A WH2 = 200
Item A WH3  = 30

I can't remember, there was any report which display warehouse-wise balance in different columns. As for many users, there are too many warehouses (in one account it was around 2000 odd warehouses :)), it may be not a good idea, to create column for those.

You can get warehouse-wise balance in "Stock Balance" report. In future, we can give an option "Group by warehouse", to show warehouse-wise balance and total of all warehouses in a single view (just like General Ledger).

Hi Nabin,

Great to know that all old style reports are deprecated, honestly the new reports' engine is way advanced. Kudos!!!

Something like this:

Item Code

Item Description

WH1

WH2

WH3

A

XYZ

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

B

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. I was looking for this report only.

On Thursday, 27 June 2013 17:03:08 UTC+5:30, Nabin Hait wrote:

Actually there is a report named “Warehouse-wise Stock Balance” under stock module. It gives exactly same output, please check.

On 27-Jun-2013, at 4:53 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Currently in the stock balances the balances are consolidated if we don’t select a warehouse but what I am looking for is to get the balances are per each warehouse like

Item A  WH1 = 190
Item A WH2 = 200
Item A WH3  = 30

I can’t remember, there was any report which display warehouse-wise balance in different columns. As for many users, there are too many warehouses (in one account it was around 2000 odd warehouses :)), it may be not a good idea, to create column for those.

You can get warehouse-wise balance in “Stock Balance” report. In future, we can give an option “Group by warehouse”, to show warehouse-wise balance and total of all warehouses in a single view (just like General Ledger).

Hi Nabin,

Something like this:

Item Code

Item Description

WH1

WH2

WH3

A

XYZ

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

Actual Qty

B

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Hello All,

Regards,
Nabin Hait

Yes, the now grids are much more modern, easy filtering and sorting  but…

• allow columns to be dragged to an other position
  • allow the selection of new columns
  • allow the saving of a new “design” 

Most of this functionality was available under the old styles, so please shl b also under new styles.
Or did i miss something??
robert

On Monday, April 22, 2013 9:09:44 AM UTC+2, Nabin Hait wrote:
Hello All,

New reports can be made from Toolbar –> Report or Toolbar –> New –> Report. If you found any difficulty, please post your query on erpnext-dev…@googlegroups.com

Regards,
Nabin Hait

The main reason behind no option for customization of new reports is security. Most of the new reports are either "Query Report" or "Script Report". Both report types are executed directly at server side. So, if any of the user, modify the code and put a delete query, it can damage the entire database.

The customization is possible for "Report Builder" type reports (e.g. Serial No Status), and in those reports, users can select more columns and filters and save them.

The customization is possible for all types of report for non-saas users. They can modify reports using Administrator login.

On 30-Jun-2013, at 3:25 AM, robert wrote:

• allow the selection of new columns