Demand Driven MRP - Revolutionary approach to planning- custom app under development

Hi Dhananjay

We are implementing such system for Bullows Paints Equipments, a user of ERPNext. We are using existing reports from ERPNext and have developed the solution on Excel.

One of the days if you visit the client site at Thane, we can demonstrate the same to you.

Could you share the excel template and create a github issue on that basis ?

How do I do that?

Sorry a basic doubt. I just created by id on Github.

If you are logged in to github just follow this link Sign in to GitHub · GitHub
You can set a title like [Feature Request] Demand Driven MRP report-

Then describe the following:

• Why is it needed ?
  • How will it benefit your particular case ?
  • What needs to be done ? State it clearly. Here you put a screenshot of your excel file and describe the columns.
    Also your can refer to the existing reports like Recommended Re-Order Level and Stock Projected Qty, etc, as it seems your report is a combination of these reports.

There is a good first timers guide here : Issue Guidelines · frappe/erpnext Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Check out the videos uploaded on YouTube:

Total of 30 Minutes in 6 videos

1 Like

I am now working on migrating ODOO’s DDMRP module GitHub - OCA/ddmrp to erpnext, after 2 weeks hard work, the coding is almost done, planned to trial run and promote internally in the following months, any community members interested in this feature also? if enough interests from community, I would like to open source this custom app or contribute to the core.

5 Likes

Great job.

I mean, yes. @deepaknagar, I and a bunch of other people would implore you to open source your code. If you want to push it to the core, that’s awesome, but have it as an app to begin with at least.

Thanks

Jay

This is great…Would you want to test it, let me know.

Yes, I do need 2~3 pilot users to test this app, maybe one month later.

Superb! I can help in testing. Plz expedite.

be more patient, still fine tuning and internal testing.

1 Like

Maybe you can also share some screen shots . And also what you are porting over.?

currently I worked on this app alone, even though progress made day by day, it is still a long way to go to make it ready to be released as public app. so be patient again.

5 Likes

Whoa! This looks neat. But let’s also ask the DDMRP SME @deepaknagar: What do you think?

It’s hard to be patient when you are doing such awesome work in an incredible area. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Jay

1 Like

Hi @szufisher

Trust all is well.

These screenshots increase the curiosity levels. How is the application coming through?

@deepaknagar
Thanks for your interest, for our internal project, we got to integrate DDMRP with SAP which makes this project more difficult.

if there is interest from community member, maybe we can test feature without SAP interface.

Yes. We are looking for DDMRP working on ERPNext itself.

@szufisher I am also interested, How I can test it?

@szufisher This looks great. We will be happy to test it.

-Amit

@szufisher I am happy to be a tester.
-Rob