Deletion of company

Hello,

I have created a dummy company and now trying to delete the company and all the transactions (including masters). I tried Accounts > Company > delete company transaction, but am getting the error saying “Company name not Same”. This is done on cloud hosted free account (returu.erpnext.com). Following is the screenshot. Thanks for the help.

Regards,
RE

Hello,

Check:https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/setting-up/articles/delete-a-company-and-all-related-transactions

Regards,
Prakash H

@raveendraeturu
Are you trying to delete the company transaction or the company.

Hello Prakash,

I tried the path Accounts > Company > delete company transaction that is indicated in the above article (I believer the screenshots in the above article shows the earlier version of ERPNex), however I got the error shown in the above screenshot (in my first post). Am actually trying to delete all the transactions in the company first and then delete the company altogether to start afresh.

Regards
RE

@ArundhatiS
Am actually trying to delete all the transactions in the company first and then delete the company altogether to start afresh.

@raveendraeturu - this error only pops up when you type in the incorrect company name. When prompted to delete the transactions, the system will first request your password. A second prompt then shows up asking you to confirm the company name. At first glance, it looks like its prompting for your password…again. Which is not so. Its asking that you type in the company name. If you do this correctly, it will allow you to delete the company.