Deleting Print Formats

Dear all,

How to delete Print Formats, Letter Heads, … i don’t want to use anymore?

Thank you,

Hi,

You need to have “Cancel” permission to delete any document. You can assign/modify permission of any document through Setup → Permission Manager

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On 14-Jan-2013, at 4:35 PM, Zoki wrote:

Dear all,

Thank you,

Hi,

You cannot directly delete these master because of possibility of it being used in existing transactions. For letterhead, check "Disable" and uncheck "Default" field and save it.

In print format, make Doctype field blank and save it. Once this is done, you will be not be able to use it in new transactions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Zoki <zo…@eu-build.com> wrote:

Dear all,

How to delete Print Formats, Letter Heads, … i don't want to use anymore?

Thank you,

Thank you :slight_smile:

Is it possibility than one day we will be enable to rename Print Formats, Letter Heads or to delete them if not connected to some other document, like Terms and Conditions?

On Monday, January 14, 2013 12:22:58 PM UTC+1, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Hi,

You cannot directly delete these master because of possibility of it being used in existing transactions. For letterhead, check “Disable” and uncheck “Default” field and save it.

In print format, make Doctype field blank and save it. Once this is done, you will be not be able to use it in new transactions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Dear all,

Thank you,

Hi,

In that case, Nabin's suggestion will hold true. Assign yourself permission (from Permission Manager) to cancel Print Format. This will allow you to delete unwanted print formats. For Letterhead, only disabling is possible.

Renaming is not possible for said records. Instead, you can create new record with required name and deprecate old ones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Zoki <zo…@eu-build.com> wrote:

Is it possibility than one day we will be enable to rename Print Formats, Letter Heads or to delete them if not connected to some other document, like Terms and Conditions?

Hi,

You cannot directly delete these master because of possibility of it being used in existing transactions. For letterhead, check "Disable" and uncheck "Default" field and save it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Dear all,

How to delete Print Formats, Letter Heads, … i don't want to use anymore?

Thank you,

These kinds of tips should be placed in a help document / wiki directly linked to each form page.

On Monday, January 14, 2013 8:45:58 PM UTC+8, Umair Sayyed wrote:

Hi,

In that case, Nabin’s suggestion will hold true. Assign yourself permission (from Permission Manager) to cancel Print Format. This will allow you to delete unwanted print formats. For Letterhead, only disabling is possible.

Renaming is not possible for said records. Instead, you can create new record with required name and deprecate old ones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Zoki <zo…@eu-build.com> wrote:

Is it possibility than one day we will be enable to rename Print Formats, Letter Heads or to delete them if not connected to some other document, like Terms and Conditions?

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Dear all,

Thank you,