Imagine this scenario:
- User creates a Material Request of type Purchase.
- Purchase User then creates a Purchase Order from the Material Request. Now, the system tags each item in the PO with the Material Request number.
- Before Saving the Purchase Order, the Purchase User changes the item code and selects a different item that was not present in the Material Request. But, the tagged MR no stil remains.
- User saves and submits the PO.
- If we check the Material Request, the item is updated as ‘100% Ordered’, but the item ordered in PO is totally different.
How could this be allowed? Shouldn’t there be a check that prevents this from happening? Either the Purchase Order shouldn’t have been submitted - or at least the % Completion status shouldnt have been updated in the Material Request.
Is my observation right?