Customize form

Tried to reorder the item table in the sales form.

However, the up/down buttons to move rows do not disappear in customize form table editor.
rgds robert

Hi Robert,

You can only position custom fields based on your liking.
We have removed the option to re-position fields in Customize Form, since users used to mess up the whole form.

To re-position Custom Fields:
Go to Setup > Custom Fields > open the desired custom field and select appropriate value of "Insert After".

Thanks,

Anand Doshi.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

However, the up/down buttons to move rows do not disappear in customize form table editor.
rgds robert

Hello Guys, 

We are trying to compute sales commissions for our sales team based on the sales made to customers but cant seem to get the report running.

Besides the reports under sales partners and sales persons only give provision for targets but not commission earned. 

Also, we cant see how to set commissions for sales persons.

Please help

To: ERPNext User's Forum <er...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] customize form

Hi Robert,

We have removed the option to re-position fields in Customize Form, since users used to mess up the whole form.

Go to Setup > Custom Fields > open the desired custom field and select appropriate value of “Insert After”.

Thanks,

Anand Doshi.

However, the up/down buttons to move rows do not disappear in customize form table editor.
rgds robert

Hi Anand,

I buy your arguments about messing up. I searched the forum and there were some earlier communications on this.

BUT: I DO believe that the Item tables for various sales and purchase forms should be an exception! It is just a maater of the individual wish what should be displayed and in what order and i do believe these tables are difficult to mess up if one just allows the modification of the column order.

regards

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:14:20 PM UTC+1, Anand Doshi wrote:
Hi Robert,

Go to Setup > Custom Fields > open the desired custom field and select appropriate value of “Insert After”.

Thanks,

Anand Doshi.

rgds robert

Hi Robert,

To enable custom positions only in some forms will take some effort. Currently, users can create their customized print formats to fix this, atleast for printing. Hence, they never raised such a concern.

For now, can you share your preferred positioning? Maybe it will also make sense to change it in the product itself?

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

I buy your arguments about messing up. I searched the forum and there were some earlier communications on this.

BUT: I DO believe that the Item tables for various sales and purchase forms should be an exception! It is just a maater of the individual wish what should be displayed and in what order and i do believe these tables are difficult to mess up if one just allows the modification of the column order.

regards

Hi Robert,

Go to Setup > Custom Fields > open the desired custom field and select appropriate value of "Insert After".

Thanks,

Anand Doshi.

However, the up/down buttons to move rows do not disappear in customize form table editor.
rgds robert

Hi Anand,

Well, my position is as i tried to explain. I do understand that every user reformatting the dos creates a lot of mess, and makes online context sensitive HELP difficult to code.

However the Item sub-tables used in the various sales and purchase screens have a much simpler format, and here I would allow customers to decide which order of the rows they prefer.

regards robert

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:45:19 AM UTC+1, Anand Doshi wrote:
Hi Robert,

To enable custom positions only in some forms will take some effort. Currently, users can create their customized print formats to fix this, atleast for printing. Hence, they never raised such a concern.

For now, can you share your preferred positioning? Maybe it will also make sense to change it in the product itself?

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anand,

BUT: I DO believe that the Item tables for various sales and purchase forms should be an exception! It is just a maater of the individual wish what should be displayed and in what order and i do believe these tables are difficult to mess up if one just allows the modification of the column order.

regards

Hi Robert,

Thanks,

Anand Doshi.

rgds robert