Customize Form - Where are changes to labels for built-in fields stored?

Under the “Customs Tariff Number” doctype, I’ve changed the “Tariff Number” field label to “Tariff Number (HS Code)” through Customize Form. I’ve exported my fixtures but I don’t see this change reflected in the exported .json file. The change doesn’t appear to exist in the core .json (This is expected) nor was it modified under the ‘tabCustoms Tariff Number’ table in the database. However, it exists in the instance of ERPNext I made the modification in.

Can anybody tell me where field label changes made through Customize Form are stored? I used Customs Tariff Number as an example but this appears to apply to all doctypes where the label of a native field is modified. Thoughts?

Hi my guess is to check here

frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ bench mariadb
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 35932
Server version: 10.3.13-MariaDB-1:10.3.13+maria~xenial-log mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [1bd3e0294da19198]> select name,label from `tabCustom Field`;
+---------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
| name                                        | label                        |
+---------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
| Deleted Document-gcalendar_sync_id          | GCalendar Sync ID            |
| Deleted Document-github_sync_id             | GitHub Sync ID               |
| Deleted Document-hub_sync_id                | Hub Sync ID                  |
| Event-gcalendar_sync_id                     | GCalendar Sync ID            |
| Item-hub_sync_id                            | Hub Sync ID                  |
| Print Settings-compact_item_print           | Compact Item Print           |
| Print Settings-print_taxes_with_zero_amount | Print taxes with zero amount |
| Project-github_sync_id                      | GitHub Sync ID               |
| Sales Invoice Item-reference_dn             | Reference Name               |
| Sales Invoice Item-reference_dt             | Reference DocType            |
| Sales Invoice-patient                       | Patient                      |
| Sales Invoice-patient_name                  | Patient Name                 |
| Sales Invoice-ref_practitioner              | Referring Practitioner       |
| Task-github_sync_id                         | GitHub Sync ID               |
+---------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
14 rows in set (0.001 sec)
3 Likes

Although looking in tabCustom Field didn’t yield what I was looking for, using a recommendation from Stack Overflow to sqldump/grep database dump to find a value (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/639531/search-in-all-fields-from-every-table-of-a-mysql-database), I found it in tabProperty Setter

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, @clarkej!

Edit: It should be noted I wasn’t using “Property Setter” in my fixture export so this is why it wasn’t being pulled.

1 Like

Good info thanks.

You are following custom app practice, exporting fixtures and so on