Customize Asset Movement

Question 1
I would like to prevent Asset Movement for assets like buildings and land. Looks like this is not an out-of-the-box feature yet.

I’ve created a field ‘is_movable’ in Asset. Then in Asset Movement I’ve created a custom script to filter by this field.

Is this the best way to do it? (I’m still learning ERPNext development)

Question 2
I have customized Asset Movement to include other fields to trace how an asset was moved e.g. the person who moved, means of movement etc. My fields are mandatory.

The ‘Transfer Asset’ button opens a Quick Entry form which cannot be expanded. How do I make the Quick Entry form expandable or go directly to Asset Movement form?

Thanks.

I would like to prevent Asset Movement for assets like buildings and land. Looks like this is not an out-of-the-box feature yet.

This feature is not available in the ERPNext. Can you create Github issue for this suggestion, so that we can add it in the product itself.

Question 2

I have customized Asset Movement to include other fields to trace how an asset was moved e.g. the person who moved, means of movement etc. My fields are mandatory.

The ‘Transfer Asset’ button opens a Quick Entry form which cannot be expanded. How do I make the Quick Entry form expandable or go directly to Asset Movement form?

Just enter Transfer Warehouse and click on Transfer button for the full view of Stock Entry. The popup is not a quick entry view, but just a modal to select value in the mandatory fields quickly.