Customization module

As I understand we can add field . But I did not find How to add filed at item level in quotation or order etc.

Also if we add field , we want it to be used for the reports. But as I have Seen we can’t add columns in report.

If someone has knowledge please help

You can add field using Custom Field
go to: Setup > Customize > Custom Field

To Add the custom field in Quotation Item Create New Custom Field and select Document.
Quotation Item

To Add Column in report, got to report and select the Pick Columns option to add or remove the columns in report.

3 Likes

Thanks Markand

I tried to add in Quotation Item customised field , but when i went in the Quotation documents, it is not shown /appearing in the quotation document (item segment)

I also tried to add other customized field (currency Nature) in the main form of quotation , but by default it is taking currency of company. I want to make it as per the currency of the document. Can you please help

Hiten

did you reload the form after adding custom field ?

please reload then check.

1 Like

Thanks

also please help as I am creating new field , the field currency is defaulted to currency of the company.

But say for example , I am preparing Quote in USD , (Base currency of company is say INR) , I want to add the field cost price in (USD) . I can add field , but while generating report it is coming as INR.

Regards
hiten

As I understand we can add field . But I did not find How to add filed at item level in quotation or order etc.

Also if we add field , we want it to be used for the reports. But as I have Seen we can’t add columns in report.

If someone has knowledge please help

@Hiten you can add field in quotation item table by customizing Quotation Item DocType

Thanks for this.

I created the custom field to track some cost in quotation. now the quotation is in usd and my base currency is in AED. the amount I put was shown in AED , where as I wanted to show it as document currency. I think I need to add script to show the custom field in document currency. can you help