Custom Module Icon - Incorrect HTML

I am developing an ERPNext app. I need desk icon, but the standard octicon icons won’t work for me. According to the documentation, I should be able to add my own svg file - and I have. The documentation, however, appears to be out of date (e.g. I’m not using a desktop/config.py file, it is config/desktop.py, and the document format is slightly different), so I’m can’t be sure of anything the document says.

Here’s my config/desktop.py:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
from __future__ import unicode_literals                                                                                                                                                                                                      from frappe import _

def get_data():
      return [
          {
              "module_name": "dividers",
              "color": "grey",
              "icon": "assets/dividers/images/dividers-module.svg",
              "type": "module",
              "label": _("Dividers"),
          }
      ]       

Here’s the code it generates on the page (indented for readability):

<div data-v-42551af3="">
    <i
        data-v-42551af3=""
        class="assets/dividers/images/dividers-module.svg"
        style="color: rgb(141, 153, 166); font-size: 18px; margin-right: 6px;"
    ></i>
</div>

As you can see, ERPNext dumps my icon path into the class as if it was an icon rather than an svg image.

I have confirmed that the icon is accessible at the indicated path. What do I need to change to get ERPNext to display my icon?

Which version of Frappe are you working with ? the documentation on icons is outdated and only applies to version 12, version 13 does not use the desktop.py file. You can create Desk Page for each module and specify icons there. Although there are even more recent breaking changes in the develop branch as ‘Desk page’ as recently been replaced with ‘Workspace’.

To switch to Frappe version 12 use the following command:

$ bench switch-to-branch version-12 frappe --upgrade
$ bench update

Sorry @yemikudaisi, I should have specified. I’m already using v12:

ERPNext: v12.17.0 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.14.0 (version-12)