Current bench using another bench's apps

I’ve prepared a dev-env and have frappe-bench

When i run an app in dev-env the errors are coming up from frappe-bench env. They should come from dev-env/…

File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 371, in _raise_exception
    raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.PermissionError: Not permitted

What could have caused this:

1. I copied frappe-bench/env to dev-env/env
  2. Copied frappe-bench/apps/ to dev-env/apps/
  3. Previously used --apps_path frappe-bench/sites/apps.txt in a previous bench which I’m not using

What I’ve tried:

• changing the references from frappe-bench to dev-env in all the dev-env/env/ files
  • deleting all the .pyc files
  • bench restart
  • clear-cache
  • bench setup env

Note: I ran grep -Riln “frappe-bench” ./ to tell me which files in my bench referred to frappe-bench but I’ve already adjusted all the files

Any other ideas will be appreciated

1 Like

Copying apps from one bench to another bench shouldn’t be a problem.

Any reason to copy venv? This creates unintended side effects.

After bench is created and apps are copied, you can run bench setup requirements && bench build so that any missing requirements will be installed in the existing environment itself.

I’m getting an error about mismatching (missing) packages in the new environment when I try to bench migrate and the only way its working is when i copy the environment

File "/home/frappe/dev-env/apps/frappe/frappe/modules/utils.py", line 207, in load_doctype_module
        raise ImportError('Module import failed for {0} ({1})'.format(doctype, module_name + ' Error: ' + str(e)))
    ImportError: Module import failed for Web Page (frappe.website.doctype.web_page.web_page Error: cannot import name 'soft_unicode' from 'markupsafe' (/home/frappe/dev-env/env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/markupsafe/__init__.py))