Create new Site error when installing erpnext on a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server

@fnrfarid
any update i have the same issue with administrator login

Sorry Brother, still the same. Let’s see what happens. Hopefully there will be an official solution to this. :slight_smile:

hello bro i face the same problem now .
just i want you to explain your solve to me with commands and steps because iam beginner

TASK [create a new default site] ***********************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: [“bench”, “new-site”, “site1.local”, “–admin-password”, “asd”, “–mariadb-root-password”, “asdasd”], “delta”: “0:00:02.119695”, “end”: “2018-01-14 06:23:58.202955”, “failed”: true, “rc”: 1, “start”: “2018-01-14 06:23:56.083260”, “stderr”: “ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”, “stderr_lines”: [“ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”], “stdout”: “Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.\nCheck your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstall”, “stdout_lines”: [“Database not installed, this can due to lack of permission, or that the database name exists.”, “Check your mysql root password, or use --force to reinstall”]}
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/develop/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=48 changed=28 unreachable=0 failed=1

i try more over 5 times to setup it on a fresh server and it’s give me errors every time 4 days till now am trying but nothing .

Try this for login problem its working for me

sudo update-rc.d redis-server disable
sudo service redis-server stop
sudo supervisorctl start all

Thanks. It’s working. [login issue] :slight_smile:

Great but check if you have this problem

Brother, the server I’ve installed is super slow for some unknown reason. I’m gonna try to install again on a fresh server and then try all this. I will get back to you if I face this problem.

Thanks

Finally i finished the installation successfully :joy::joy:

hello guys @Alaa_Badri @Mohamed_khalifa @anebi @benjamin i just solved the problem right now :smile: but i will apply a pull request to the main bench repo to apply the solution :smiley:
i wish if they accept my pull request to solve this serious problem, its under pull request " fix-mysql-error " by elba7r.

Best Regards

1 Like

TASK [bench : Install ERPNext to default site] ************************************************************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: [“bench”, “–site”, “site1.local”, “install-app”, “erpnext”], “delta”: “0:00:10.967035”, “end”: “2019-04-09 15:11:06.699468”, “msg”: “non-zero return code”, “rc”: 1, “start”: “2019-04-09 15:10:55.732433”, “stderr”: “”, “stderr_lines”: [], “stdout”: “Could not find app "erpnext"”, “stdout_lines”: [“Could not find app "erpnext"”]}
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/site.retry

i am facing this error in production version

Hello
This fixed this:

Specifically step #4 and #5 if needed!

I am getting below error.

and here is the screenshots of different .cnf files

/etc/mysql/conf.d/mysql.cnf :point_down:

/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf :point_down:

/etc/mysql/my.cnf

/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysql.cnf

/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

I have read many articles and very confused what to change in which file.

I am getting below error.

and here is the screenshots of different .cnf files

/etc/mysql/conf.d/mysql.cnf :point_down:

/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf :point_down:

/etc/mysql/my.cnf

/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysql.cnf

/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf