Create Native windows app for POS linking with erpnext?

This sounds great, a video will be nice till the beta version is ready.

Do you need us to share the development cost with you ?

Regards

@Abdul_Ghafoor_Khuday , can you tell me on what technology your using to develop ?
I can share in the developing if i can or at-least share the development cost to quicken the pace a bit as well.

feel free to share the details or contact me on pm.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Please see video I made quickly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17mkFNAoa8Gwog12brj0ZVU2dcxnZlVOE

Developed in Dot Net

Are you guys wanting to use for your own company or will you sell it to clients?

I plan on building a bunch of apps to work with ERPnext since we need it for our business flow which will include
Cycle counting Screen
PO order creation and receiving Screen
A Quick Edit screen where you can update 100s or 1000s of records in bulk.
Use ERPnext API to pull orders from Storebuilder Ecommerce (maybe will look at shopfiy and Magento later) so we can bulk process orders
Order processing Screen
Pick/Pack/Ship Screen (ups, fedex, dhl, canada post, usps)

Let me know if anyone of you guys will see any value in the above, I am doing it for my own company, if other will want to join in let me know.

I can send anyone who is interested in the POS app the exe install file once the barcode thing is fixed.

Hi

Problem with the video, not playing

Hmmm, its a google drive link.

Lets see if this works I uploaded it to onedrive:

This works

I was able to watch it, like you said very interesting beta

But the app is not as at yet able to stand by it’s own at a store level.

I did not see the follwing

a. Ability to see list of invoices generated
b. xout reporting to show end of day tender reconciliation
c. Am not sure i saw customer creation/selection?

But an impressive proof of concept of a windows local app relating to a hosted erpnext install

Hello Olamide,

All good points.

a. This can be easily added in a new screen or just the ability to reprint. I only need a reprint option initially with ability to recall any invoice later on.

b. This will be done in a phase 2 as well as allow to count cash register floats. I do not think ERPnext handles this. If it does great if not I guess we will need to create new tables to handle and track this.

c. Create new customer is not required for me to use the app since all my customers will be rung up as “default pos customer” initially, however I do see the importance of creating a customer through the POS which I can add to the list.

Are these the only 3 must haves you need for yourself or your customers?

dear,

it looks good and we need to use it for our company. I have some suggestion/requirements:

1 - The pos invoice making should be more flexible, like salesperson does not have to use the mouse for making sales invoice as in tally it’s faster.

2 - price should also be edited

3 - making credit invoice is possible.

Hello @Abdul_Ghafoor_Khuday ,
Great beta tutorial ,
Our primary objective is actually Customer creation through POS including mobile and email on a online modal .
That is the major thing that has prevented us from using the existing online POS among other things.

Also does the Invoice directly sync with the system by the API call ?

# Would’t it be better to create a local data file as well-- –

• in case of connectivity issues the app can try and sync again from the local file and mark the file as synced once done(That can be achieved via naming and referencing - i.e files can be created with the invoice number and synced files will be appended with a “_”. App will lookup all files without underscore after every fixed time --can create a sync JOB ).

• That will also help in auditing api/app reliability , just by comparing the local synced files and system invoices at the end of the day.

I have only a little experience in Dot Net development , even so would you mind sharing the project files . I will try my hand at it when i have the time.

I will PM my mailing account,

Thanks,

Hello Taher,

The customer creation was not a priority for us and that is why it was not done. Right now the POS just used a “default customer”, however this will be quite easy to add into the POS depending on urgency.

Yes it syncs with the ERPNext API.

Local data storage I thought about it, I am actually not sure how my developer is handling this I can ask him. Maybe it just a quick Json call to look up the data or maybe he is downloading to local machine via xml, I can check this if you want.

Ideally I would prefer the syncing to happen via a local server with a web service sending up the data to ERPnext, this would be a little bit of work.

I guess it will really depend on how many people are interested and how people want to contribute. I am not sure of ERPnext rules but I can offer this as a SAAS app that will auto update on any windows machine.

I have 1 guy working on this part time, however with the list of things mentioned above that I need done, I will probably need 1-2 guys working on this full time. Maybe we can use 1-2 other people who are ready to install and test the app in beta in 2 weeks time? If anyone has any interested in this let me know and I can discuss.

In the mean time I will get another demo up asap.

Hello @Abdul_Ghafoor_Khuday ,
It would be great if you could ask the developer how is he handling the sync.

As for the features and timeline required ,there are others including me who are willing to share in the development cost and test the beta as well.

Could you please let me know in private about the estimated pricing , i will add the ones who are interested to that group, and if anybody else is interested can pm and will add and can discuss .

Lets take this forward positively , it could benefit a lot of users out there.

Thanks

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the long delay however here is a v2 of the POS app, its pretty slick and has quite a lot of improvements and bugs ironed out.

Discounts work
barcode scanning works
new customer and linking customer to order works
sale by cc/cash works
posting to erpnext admin works
Retuning on pos actually works but forgot to show it on the video.

Let me know your comments guys and if anyone would be interested in testing it as is on a production environment.

Video: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Regards,

Abdul Khudayar

2 Likes

Abdul
nice to hear about your success with the app. Im interested in finding out more about how you are using the php api. The documentation doesnt read well and im trying to post similar types of data to handle stock control from several websites.

@Abdul_Ghafoor_Khuday,

Hello,

Thumbs up :+1: for your POS App. May i suggest an additional feature for your POS app? though i admit i need that feature in my case but im sure there is some users out there who needs it also.

My suggestion (Well in my case):

• Customer A go to Cashier 1 to buy foods ( just save the transaction). then Customer A also go to Cashier 2 to buy some office materials and use the saved transaction in Cashier 1. then Customer A again did go to Cashier 3 to buy some clothes (and used the updated saved transaction in Cashier 2). Assuming Cashier 3 is the last cashier out there and the one who submit the whole transactions by Customer A.

Something like multiple pos transaction but on a single record of invoice (Im thinking if Sales Order doctype can be used with this case).

Or if you may be willing to share some knowledge. Can i ask you to teach me how did you make a POS App that is synced to ERPNext. Im willing to develop my own app (android/ios) but my knowledge in api is a bit … you know.

Well anyway, this is a WELL DONE app for me :clap: :grinning:

Regards

Hello your point is noted and I will add to my list. The thing I am working on right now is for the app to be available fully offline as this has been a mandatory requirement of many.

I will publish a new video when available and will let you know when it’s ready for production. Right now we are not ready unfortunately.

Regards,

Abdul Khudayar
Tel: 604-669-0587

2 Likes

Thanks @Abdul_Ghafoor_Khuday ! :grinning:

Hi Abdul, Can you upload your video to youtube, because from onedrive its already deleted. Is it possible can you share your app so we can download and test.

Hello all also have a native PO for ERPnext

Login

Some enable feature

Default PO screen

This PO user sqlite to store data offline. Background Job sync data between erpnext and each client

Android version

Development is still in progress expected first version will be the end of October 2018.

J3 Solution is a new version of my existing POS using SQL server for the database.
http://computerexpertzjamaica.com/cpxz/jooglepos/

For more information you can always email me at jgray@cpxz.us.

1 Like

Hello @Jermaine_Gray,

Having problem reaching you via email ,
please provide alternate mode of contact,

Thanks ,

Sorry I made an error. It should be jgray@cpxz.us