Correct way to handle price mismatch from supplier between PO/PINV

I’m not to well acquainted with accounting practices as I am a tech person with no such training, and very little clue :blush: .
I did search for similar topics, but my lack of understanding on accounting means whatever I found made very little sense to me.

1. I received a Proforma Invoice from a supplier with 3 items
    Item1 75kg@220.00/kg
    Item2 25kg@150.00/kg
    Item3 20kg@150.00/kg
    which creates a post tax(@15%) total for the Proforma of 26,737.50 - paid this amount via PE(wire transfer).

2. Upon delivery we also receive the tax invoice, but on that document, the items were as follows:
    Item1 75kg@220.00/kg
    Item2 25kg@150.00/kg
    Item3 20kg@68.80/kg
    which creates a post tax(@15%) total for the Tax Invoice of 24,869.90 - which is an “over-payment” of 1,867.60 - for which the company will issue us a credit note.

What is the correct/optimum way to handle this in ERPNext? (and please pardon my ignorance)

Do I

• save/submit the original PO as per 1) above
  • save/submit the PE as per what we actually paid
  • ?? here’s where I am lost
    or
  • save/submit the PO with the new values from 2) above
  • save/submit the PE as per what we actually paid
  • ?? here’s where I am lost
    or
    create a credit note for the balance that we can use as a payment offset on future invoices (and if so, how do I do this correctly)

Thanks

Simpler way would to create a Purchase Receipt and Invoice for 24,869.90, and allocate only that much amount from the Payment Entry.

This will allow you to adjust the remaining balance of Advance Payment in the future invoice.

Or if you create Purchase Receipt and Invoice for the full amount as Purchase Order, then you can create a Debit Note against a Purchase Invoice.