Correct way of doing bench update

Hi Experts ,

Please do let me know , which is the correct way of doing bench update and when to do what ?

Should I run bench update from the frappe-bench folder or from the bench-repo folder ? What is the difference between these two ?

Thanks in advance

@srinivasragav

Correct way is, you need to run bench update from frappe-bench folder.

Regards,
Sambhaji Kolate,
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt Ltd.

2 Likes

@kolate_sambhaji Thanks for the info . Could you please tell me what is the difference between running the bench update from the frappe-bench folder and from the bench-repo folder ?

1 Like

@srinivasragav
If you have multi bench setup then doing bench update from bench-repo will not work correctly.

When you do bench update, frappe will pull updates of all frappe-bench/apps and then migrate all sites in frappe-bench/sites folder

Regards,
Sambhaji Kolate,
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt Ltd.

2 Likes

@kolate_sambhaji Hi , Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I’ve successfully done the update but now my webpages are not found. I can’t find “products”:

Route /products doesn’t exist anymore it seems, but this does work: alle-artikel-groepen/producten/ (the localised route in my language). How to make the website recognize this new route?

also… how do I change the menu on the website?

@Laurens
Did you check website setting?
You can update URL for new redirection link.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly sir, that is indeed what I was looking for. (menu)

Would you also happen to know how to change the products displayed on the homepage? Because now I have changed the products on the homepage settings page but the don’t display.