Cookie bar possible?

Hello,

I’m wondering if there is any cookie bar for erpnext website? Can’t find anything… :pensive:

Thanks for suggestions.

1 Like

I’ve not seen one as standard.

However there are several good JS cookie libraries available. My approach to it would be to create a custom app, override the base web templates and load the cookie library as part of the new base template file. This would give you the notification you need.

You could also then customise the rest of the website to the amount you want / need.

Thank you @Kieran, will try it.

For anyone who want to accomplish it: https://www.cookieconsent.com/

I tried this. Unfortunately there are a lot of templates, each loading different scripts. Scripts are sometimes not separated cleanly. For example, Google Analytics and frappes native website stats are loaded in the same script. The backend python code also sets cookies that cannot easily be controlled. Therefore, I don’t see a way to get a decent, functional cookie management via custom app right now. At least it will be hard to maintain an app like this, because it overwrites so many files.

However, Frappe’s cookies are for functionality only. As long as you don’t embed any third party content (YouTube, Google Maps, Twitter, Facebook, Advertising, etc.) you’ll most probably be fine without cookie management. For example, on our website we avoided third party content and just have a banner stating that we only use cookies that are technically necessary.

5 Likes

Is there a way to go completely cookie-less? Really want to avoid having a cookie banner

Cookies are how the system knows you’re logged in. So every website with a login-area needs cookies.

Hi,

I have a solution. Since I am based in Germany and wanted analytics, I needed it. I use cookieconsent on my EprNext webpage;

Following code goes to “HTML Header, Robots and Redirects” section on the website settings.

<script>
    /*!
 * CookieConsent v2.8.9
 * https://www.github.com/orestbida/cookieconsent
 * Author Orest Bida
 * Released under the MIT License
 */
!function(){'use strict';var n='initCookieConsent';'undefined'!=typeof window&&'function'!=typeof window[n]&&(window[n]=function(n){var t,e,o,i,r,c,a,u,f,d,v,s,l,b,p,m,y,w,g,h,_,k,x,O,j,S,T,J,N,D,C,I,E={mode:'opt-in',current_lang:'en',auto_language:null,autorun:!0,page_scripts:!0,hide_from_bots:!0,cookie_name:'cc_cookie',cookie_expiration:182,cookie_domain:window.location.hostname,cookie_path:'/',cookie_same_site:'Lax',use_rfc_cookie:!1,autoclear_cookies:!0,revision:0,script_selector:'data-cookiecategory'},U={},z={},R=null,A=!0,G=!1,L=!1,M=!1,P=!1,q=!1,B=!0,F=[],H=!1,K=[],Q=[],V=[],W=!1,X=[],Y=[],Z=[],$=[],nn=[],tn=document.documentElement,en=function(n){'number'==typeof(t=n).cookie_expiration&&(E.cookie_expiration=t.cookie_expiration),'number'==typeof t.cookie_necessary_only_expiration&&(E.cookie_necessary_only_expiration=t.cookie_necessary_only_expiration),'boolean'==typeof t.autorun&&(E.autorun=t.autorun),'string'==typeof t.cookie_domain&&(E.cookie_domain=t.cookie_domain),'string'==typeof t.cookie_same_site&&(E.cookie_same_site=t.cookie_same_site),'string'==typeof t.cookie_path&&(E.cookie_path=t.cookie_path),'string'==typeof t.cookie_name&&(E.cookie_name=t.cookie_name),'function'==typeof t.onAccept&&(u=t.onAccept),'function'==typeof t.onFirstAction&&(d=t.onFirstAction),'function'==typeof t.onChange&&(f=t.onChange),'opt-out'===t.mode&&(E.mode='opt-out'),'number'==typeof t.revision&&(t.revision>-1&&(E.revision=t.revision),q=!0),'boolean'==typeof t.autoclear_cookies&&(E.autoclear_cookies=t.autoclear_cookies),!0===t.use_rfc_cookie&&(E.use_rfc_cookie=!0),'boolean'==typeof t.hide_from_bots&&(E.hide_from_bots=t.hide_from_bots),E.hide_from_bots&&(W=navigator&&(navigator.userAgent&&/bot|crawl|spider|slurp|teoma/i.test(navigator.userAgent)||navigator.webdriver)),E.page_scripts=!0===t.page_scripts,'browser'===t.auto_language||!0===t.auto_language?E.auto_language='browser':'document'===t.auto_language&&(E.auto_language='document'),E.auto_language,E.current_lang=vn(t.languages,t.current_lang)},on=function(n){for(var t='accept-',e=a('c-settings'),o=a(t+'all'),i=a(t+'necessary'),r=a(t+'custom'),c=0;c<e.length;c++)e[c].setAttribute('aria-haspopup','dialog'),gn(e[c],'click',(function(n){n.preventDefault(),U.showSettings(0)}));for(c=0;c<o.length;c++)gn(o[c],'click',(function(n){u(n,'all')}));for(c=0;c<r.length;c++)gn(r[c],'click',(function(n){u(n)}));for(c=0;c<i.length;c++)gn(i[c],'click',(function(n){u(n,[])}));function a(t){return(n||document).querySelectorAll('a[data-cc="'+t+'"], button[data-cc="'+t+'"]')}function u(n,t){n.preventDefault(),U.accept(t),U.hideSettings(),U.hide()}},rn=function(n,t){return Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(t,n)?n:hn(t).length>0?Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(t,E.current_lang)?E.current_lang:hn(t)[0]:void 0},cn=function(n){if(!0===t.force_consent&&_n(tn,'force--consent'),!m){m=dn('div');var e=dn('div'),o=dn('div');m.id='cm',e.id='c-inr-i',o.id='cm-ov',m.setAttribute('role','dialog'),m.setAttribute('aria-modal','true'),m.setAttribute('aria-hidden','false'),m.setAttribute('aria-labelledby','c-ttl'),m.setAttribute('aria-describedby','c-txt'),p.appendChild(m),p.appendChild(o),m.style.visibility=o.style.visibility='hidden',o.style.opacity=0}var i=t.languages[n].consent_modal.title;i&&(y||((y=dn('div')).id='c-ttl',y.setAttribute('role','heading'),y.setAttribute('aria-level','2'),e.appendChild(y)),y.innerHTML=i);var r=t.languages[n].consent_modal.description;q&&(r=B?r.replace('{{revision_message}}',''):r.replace('{{revision_message}}',t.languages[n].consent_modal.revision_message||'')),w||((w=dn('div')).id='c-txt',e.appendChild(w)),w.innerHTML=r;var c,a=t.languages[n].consent_modal.primary_btn,u=t.languages[n].consent_modal.secondary_btn;a&&(g||((g=dn('button')).id='c-p-bn',g.className='c-bn','accept_all'===a.role&&(c='all'),gn(g,'click',(function(){U.hide(),U.accept(c)}))),g.innerHTML=t.languages[n].consent_modal.primary_btn.text),u&&(h||((h=dn('button')).id='c-s-bn',h.className='c-bn c_link','accept_necessary'===u.role?gn(h,'click',(function(){U.hide(),U.accept([])})):gn(h,'click',(function(){U.showSettings(0)}))),h.innerHTML=t.languages[n].consent_modal.secondary_btn.text);var f=t.gui_options;k||((k=dn('div')).id='c-inr',k.appendChild(e)),_||((_=dn('div')).id='c-bns',f&&f.consent_modal&&!0===f.consent_modal.swap_buttons?(u&&_.appendChild(h),a&&_.appendChild(g),_.className='swap'):(a&&_.appendChild(g),u&&_.appendChild(h)),(a||u)&&k.appendChild(_),m.appendChild(k)),G=!0,on(k)},an=function(n){if(x)(J=dn('div')).id='s-bl';else{x=dn('div');var e=dn('div'),o=dn('div'),i=dn('div');O=dn('div'),j=dn('div');var r=dn('div');S=dn('button');var u=dn('div');T=dn('div');var f=dn('div');x.id='s-cnt',e.id='c-vln',i.id='c-s-in',o.id='cs',j.id='s-ttl',O.id='s-inr',r.id='s-hdr',T.id='s-bl',S.id='s-c-bn',f.id='cs-ov',u.id='s-c-bnc',S.className='c-bn',x.setAttribute('role','dialog'),x.setAttribute('aria-modal','true'),x.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true'),x.setAttribute('aria-labelledby','s-ttl'),j.setAttribute('role','heading'),x.style.visibility=f.style.visibility='hidden',f.style.opacity=0,u.appendChild(S),gn(e,'keydown',(function(n){27===(n=n||window.event).keyCode&&U.hideSettings(0)}),!0),gn(S,'click',(function(){U.hideSettings(0)}))}S.setAttribute('aria-label',t.languages[n].settings_modal.close_btn_label||'Close'),a=t.languages[n].settings_modal.blocks,c=t.languages[n].settings_modal.cookie_table_headers;var d=a.length;j.innerHTML=t.languages[n].settings_modal.title;for(var v=0;v<d;++v){var s=a[v].title,l=a[v].description,b=a[v].toggle,m=a[v].cookie_table,y=!0===t.remove_cookie_tables,w=(l||!y&&m)&&'truthy',g=dn('div'),h=dn('div');if(l){var _=dn('div');_.className='p',_.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeend',l)}var k=dn('div');if(k.className='title',g.className='c-bl',h.className='desc',void 0!==b){var E='c-ac-'+v,R=dn(w?'button':'div'),G=dn('label'),L=dn('input'),M=dn('span'),P=dn('span'),q=dn('span'),B=dn('span');R.className=w?'b-tl exp':'b-tl',G.className='b-tg',L.className='c-tgl',q.className='on-i',B.className='off-i',M.className='c-tg',P.className='t-lb',w&&(R.setAttribute('aria-expanded','false'),R.setAttribute('aria-controls',E)),L.type='checkbox',M.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true');var F=b.value;L.value=F,P.textContent=s,R.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeend',s),k.appendChild(R),M.appendChild(q),M.appendChild(B),A?b.enabled?(L.checked=!0,!J&&Z.push(!0),b.enabled&&!J&&V.push(F)):!J&&Z.push(!1):fn(z.categories,F)>-1?(L.checked=!0,!J&&Z.push(!0)):!J&&Z.push(!1),!J&&$.push(F),b.readonly?(L.disabled=!0,_n(M,'c-ro'),!J&&nn.push(!0)):!J&&nn.push(!1),_n(h,'b-acc'),_n(k,'b-bn'),_n(g,'b-ex'),h.id=E,h.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true'),G.appendChild(L),G.appendChild(M),G.appendChild(P),k.appendChild(G),w&&function(n,t,e){gn(R,'click',(function(){xn(t,'act')?(kn(t,'act'),e.setAttribute('aria-expanded','false'),n.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true')):(_n(t,'act'),e.setAttribute('aria-expanded','true'),n.setAttribute('aria-hidden','false'))}),!1)}(h,g,R)}else if(s){var H=dn('div');H.className='b-tl',H.setAttribute('role','heading'),H.setAttribute('aria-level','3'),H.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeend',s),k.appendChild(H)}if(s&&g.appendChild(k),l&&h.appendChild(_),!y&&void 0!==m){for(var K=document.createDocumentFragment(),Q=0;Q<c.length;++Q){var W=dn('th'),X=c[Q];if(W.setAttribute('scope','col'),X){var Y=X&&hn(X)[0];W.textContent=c[Q][Y],K.appendChild(W)}}var tn=dn('tr');tn.appendChild(K);var en=dn('thead');en.appendChild(tn);var on=dn('table');on.appendChild(en);for(var rn=document.createDocumentFragment(),cn=0;cn<m.length;cn++){for(var an=dn('tr'),un=0;un<c.length;++un)if(X=c[un]){Y=hn(X)[0];var vn=dn('td');vn.insertAdjacentHTML('beforeend',m[cn][Y]),vn.setAttribute('data-column',X[Y]),an.appendChild(vn)}rn.appendChild(an)}var sn=dn('tbody');sn.appendChild(rn),on.appendChild(sn),h.appendChild(on)}(b&&s||!b&&(s||l))&&(g.appendChild(h),J?J.appendChild(g):T.appendChild(g))}N||((N=dn('div')).id='s-bns'),C||((C=dn('button')).id='s-all-bn',C.className='c-bn',N.appendChild(C),gn(C,'click',(function(){U.hideSettings(),U.hide(),U.accept('all')}))),C.innerHTML=t.languages[n].settings_modal.accept_all_btn;var ln=t.languages[n].settings_modal.reject_all_btn;if(ln&&(I||((I=dn('button')).id='s-rall-bn',I.className='c-bn',gn(I,'click',(function(){U.hideSettings(),U.hide(),U.accept([])})),O.className='bns-t',N.appendChild(I)),I.innerHTML=ln),D||((D=dn('button')).id='s-sv-bn',D.className='c-bn',N.appendChild(D),gn(D,'click',(function(){U.hideSettings(),U.hide(),U.accept()}))),D.innerHTML=t.languages[n].settings_modal.save_settings_btn,J)return O.replaceChild(J,T),void(T=J);r.appendChild(j),r.appendChild(u),O.appendChild(r),O.appendChild(T),O.appendChild(N),i.appendChild(O),o.appendChild(i),e.appendChild(o),x.appendChild(e),p.appendChild(x),p.appendChild(f)};U.updateLanguage=function(n,e){if('string'==typeof n){var o=rn(n,t.languages);return(o!==E.current_lang||!0===e)&&(E.current_lang=o,G&&cn(o),an(o),!0)}};var un=function(n){var t=a.length,e=-1;H=!1;var o=yn('','all'),i=[E.cookie_domain,'.'+E.cookie_domain];if('www.'===E.cookie_domain.slice(0,4)){var r=E.cookie_domain.substr(4);i.push(r),i.push('.'+r)}for(var u=0;u<t;u++){var f=a[u];if(Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(f,'toggle')){var d=fn(F,f.toggle.value)>-1;if(!Z[++e]&&Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(f,'cookie_table')&&(n||d)){var v=f.cookie_table,s=hn(c[0])[0],l=v.length;'on_disable'===f.toggle.reload&&d&&(H=!0);for(var b=0;b<l;b++){var p=i,m=v[b],y=[],w=m[s],g=m.is_regex||!1,h=m.domain||null,_=m.path||!1;if(h&&(p=[h,'.'+h]),g)for(var k=0;k<o.length;k++)o[k].match(w)&&y.push(o[k]);else{var x=fn(o,w);x>-1&&y.push(o[x])}y.length>0&&(wn(y,_,p),'on_clear'===f.toggle.reload&&(H=!0))}}}}},fn=function(n,t){return n.indexOf(t)},dn=function(n){var t=document.createElement(n);return'button'===n&&t.setAttribute('type',n),t},vn=function(n,t){return'browser'===E.auto_language?rn(sn(),n):'document'===E.auto_language?rn(document.documentElement.lang,n):'string'==typeof t?E.current_lang=rn(t,n):(E.current_lang,E.current_lang)},sn=function(){var n=navigator.language||navigator.browserLanguage;return n.length>2&&(n=n[0]+n[1]),n.toLowerCase()};U.allowedCategory=function(n){if(A&&'opt-in'!==E.mode)t=V;else var t=JSON.parse(yn(E.cookie_name,'one',!0)||'{}').categories||[];return fn(t,n)>-1},U.run=function(t){if(!document.getElementById('cc_div')){if(en(t),W)return;z=JSON.parse(yn(E.cookie_name,'one',!0)||'{}');var c=void 0!==(i=z.consent_uuid);if((e=z.consent_date)&&(e=new Date(e)),(o=z.last_consent_update)&&(o=new Date(o)),R=void 0!==z.data?z.data:null,q&&z.revision!==E.revision&&(B=!1),G=A=!(c&&B&&e&&o&&i),function(){(b=dn('div')).id='cc--main',b.style.position='fixed',b.style.zIndex='2147483647',b.innerHTML='\x3c!--[if lt IE 9 ]><div id="cc_div" class="cc_div ie"></div><![endif]--\x3e\x3c!--[if (gt IE 8)|!(IE)]>\x3c!--\x3e<div id="cc_div" class="cc_div"></div>\x3c!--<![endif]--\x3e',p=b.children[0];var t=E.current_lang;G&&cn(t),an(t),(n||document.body).appendChild(b)}(),function(){var n=['[href]','button','input','details','[tabindex="0"]'];function t(t,e){var o=!1,i=!1;try{for(var r,c=t.querySelectorAll(n.join(':not([tabindex="-1"]), ')),a=c.length,u=0;u<a;)r=c[u].getAttribute('data-focus'),i||'1'!==r?'0'===r&&(o=c[u],i||'0'===c[u+1].getAttribute('data-focus')||(i=c[u+1])):i=c[u],u++}catch(e){return t.querySelectorAll(n.join(', '))}e[0]=c[0],e[1]=c[c.length-1],e[2]=o,e[3]=i}t(O,Y),G&&t(m,X)}(),function(n,t){if('object'==typeof n){var e=n.consent_modal,o=n.settings_modal;G&&e&&i(m,['box','bar','cloud'],['top','middle','bottom'],['zoom','slide'],e.layout,e.position,e.transition),o&&i(x,['bar'],['left','right'],['zoom','slide'],o.layout,o.position,o.transition)}function i(n,t,e,o,i,r,c){if(r=r&&r.split(' ')||[],fn(t,i)>-1&&(_n(n,i),('bar'!==i||'middle'!==r[0])&&fn(e,r[0])>-1))for(var a=0;a<r.length;a++)_n(n,r[a]);fn(o,c)>-1&&_n(n,c)}}(t.gui_options),on(),E.autorun&&G&&U.show(t.delay||0),setTimeout((function(){_n(b,'c--anim')}),30),setTimeout((function(){var n,t;n=!1,t=!1,gn(document,'keydown',(function(e){'Tab'===(e=e||window.event).key&&(r&&(e.shiftKey?document.activeElement===r[0]&&(r[1].focus(),e.preventDefault()):document.activeElement===r[1]&&(r[0].focus(),e.preventDefault()),t||P||(t=!0,!n&&e.preventDefault(),e.shiftKey?r[3]?r[2]?r[2].focus():r[0].focus():r[1].focus():r[3]?r[3].focus():r[0].focus())),!t&&(n=!0))})),document.contains&&gn(b,'click',(function(n){n=n||window.event,M?O.contains(n.target)?P=!0:(U.hideSettings(0),P=!1):L&&m.contains(n.target)&&(P=!0)}),!0)}),100),A)'opt-out'===E.mode&&(E.mode,ln(V));else{var a='boolean'==typeof z.rfc_cookie;(!a||a&&z.rfc_cookie!==E.use_rfc_cookie)&&(z.rfc_cookie=E.use_rfc_cookie,mn(E.cookie_name,JSON.stringify(z))),v=pn(bn()),ln(),'function'==typeof u&&u(z)}}},U.showSettings=function(n){setTimeout((function(){_n(tn,'show--settings'),x.setAttribute('aria-hidden','false'),M=!0,setTimeout((function(){L?l=document.activeElement:s=document.activeElement,0!==Y.length&&(Y[3]?Y[3].focus():Y[0].focus(),r=Y)}),200)}),n>0?n:0)};var ln=function(n){if(E.page_scripts){var t=document.querySelectorAll('script['+E.script_selector+']'),e=n||z.categories||[],o=function(n,t){if(t<n.length){var i=n[t],r=i.getAttribute(E.script_selector);if(fn(e,r)>-1){i.type='text/javascript',i.removeAttribute(E.script_selector);var c=i.getAttribute('data-src');c&&i.removeAttribute('data-src');var a=dn('script');if(a.textContent=i.innerHTML,function(n,t){for(var e=t.attributes,o=e.length,i=0;i<o;i++){var r=e[i].nodeName;n.setAttribute(r,t[r]||t.getAttribute(r))}}(a,i),c?a.src=c:c=i.src,c&&(a.readyState?a.onreadystatechange=function(){'loaded'!==a.readyState&&'complete'!==a.readyState||(a.onreadystatechange=null,o(n,++t))}:a.onload=function(){a.onload=null,o(n,++t)}),i.parentNode.replaceChild(a,i),c)return}o(n,++t)}};o(t,0)}};U.set=function(n,t){return'data'===n&&function(n,t){var e=!1;if('update'===t){var o=typeof(R=U.get('data'))==typeof n;if(o&&'object'==typeof R)for(var i in!R&&(R={}),n)R[i]!==n[i]&&(R[i]=n[i],e=!0);else!o&&R||R===n||(R=n,e=!0)}else R=n,e=!0;return e&&(z.data=R,mn(E.cookie_name,JSON.stringify(z))),e}(t.value,t.mode)},U.get=function(n,t){return JSON.parse(yn(t||E.cookie_name,'one',!0)||'{}')[n]},U.getConfig=function(n){return E[n]||t[n]};var bn=function(){return K=z.categories||[],Q=$.filter((function(n){return-1===fn(K,n)})),{accepted:K,rejected:Q}},pn=function(n){var t='custom',e=nn.filter((function(n){return!0===n})).length;return n.accepted.length===$.length?t='all':n.accepted.length===e&&(t='necessary'),t};U.getUserPreferences=function(){var n=bn();return{accept_type:pn(n),accepted_categories:n.accepted,rejected_categories:n.rejected}},U.loadScript=function(n,t,e){var o='function'==typeof t;if(document.querySelector('script[src="'+n+'"]'))o&&t();else{var i=dn('script');if(e&&e.length>0)for(var r=0;r<e.length;++r)e[r]&&i.setAttribute(e[r].name,e[r].value);o&&(i.onload=t),i.src=n,document.head.appendChild(i)}},U.updateScripts=function(){ln()},U.show=function(n,t){!0===t&&cn(E.current_lang),G&&setTimeout((function(){_n(tn,'show--consent'),m.setAttribute('aria-hidden','false'),L=!0,setTimeout((function(){s=document.activeElement,r=X}),200)}),n>0?n:t?30:0)},U.hide=function(){G&&(kn(tn,'show--consent'),m.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true'),L=!1,setTimeout((function(){s.focus(),r=null}),200))},U.hideSettings=function(){kn(tn,'show--settings'),M=!1,x.setAttribute('aria-hidden','true'),setTimeout((function(){L?(l&&l.focus(),r=X):(s&&s.focus(),r=null),P=!1}),200)},U.accept=function(n,t){var r=n||void 0,c=t||[],a=[];if(r)if('object'==typeof r&&'number'==typeof r.length)for(var s=0;s<r.length;s++)-1!==fn($,r[s])&&a.push(r[s]);else'string'==typeof r&&('all'===r?a=$.slice():-1!==fn($,r)&&a.push(r));else a=function(){for(var n=document.querySelectorAll('.c-tgl')||[],t=[],e=0;e<n.length;e++)n[e].checked&&t.push(n[e].value);return t}();if(c.length>=1)for(s=0;s<c.length;s++)a=a.filter((function(n){return n!==c[s]}));for(s=0;s<$.length;s++)!0===nn[s]&&-1===fn(a,$[s])&&a.push($[s]);!function(n){F=[];var t=document.querySelectorAll('.c-tgl')||[];if(t.length>0)for(var r=0;r<t.length;r++)-1!==fn(n,$[r])?(t[r].checked=!0,Z[r]||(F.push($[r]),Z[r]=!0)):(t[r].checked=!1,Z[r]&&(F.push($[r]),Z[r]=!1));!A&&E.autoclear_cookies&&F.length>0&&un(),e||(e=new Date),i||(i=([1e7]+-1e3+-4e3+-8e3+-1e11).replace(/[018]/g,(function(n){try{return(n^(window.crypto||window.msCrypto).getRandomValues(new Uint8Array(1))[0]&15>>n/4).toString(16)}catch(n){return''}}))),z={categories:n,level:n,revision:E.revision,data:R,rfc_cookie:E.use_rfc_cookie,consent_date:e.toISOString(),consent_uuid:i},(A||F.length>0)&&(B=!0,o=o?new Date:e,z.last_consent_update=o.toISOString(),v=pn(bn()),mn(E.cookie_name,JSON.stringify(z)),ln()),A&&(E.autoclear_cookies&&un(!0),'function'==typeof d&&d(U.getUserPreferences(),z),'function'==typeof u&&u(z),A=!1,'opt-in'===E.mode)||('function'==typeof f&&F.length>0&&f(z,F),H&&window.location.reload())}(a)},U.eraseCookies=function(n,t,e){var o=[],i=e?[e,'.'+e]:[E.cookie_domain,'.'+E.cookie_domain];if('object'==typeof n&&n.length>0)for(var r=0;r<n.length;r++)this.validCookie(n[r])&&o.push(n[r]);else this.validCookie(n)&&o.push(n);wn(o,t,i)};var mn=function(n,t){var e=E.cookie_expiration;'number'==typeof E.cookie_necessary_only_expiration&&'necessary'===v&&(e=E.cookie_necessary_only_expiration),t=E.use_rfc_cookie?encodeURIComponent(t):t;var o=new Date;o.setTime(o.getTime()+24*e*60*60*1e3);var i=n+'='+(t||'')+'; expires='+o.toUTCString()+'; Path='+E.cookie_path+';';i+=' SameSite='+E.cookie_same_site+';',window.location.hostname.indexOf('.')>-1&&(i+=' Domain='+E.cookie_domain+';'),'https:'===window.location.protocol&&(i+=' Secure;'),document.cookie=i},yn=function(n,t,e){var o;if('one'===t){if((o=(o=document.cookie.match('(^|;)\\s*'+n+'\\s*=\\s*([^;]+)'))?e?o.pop():n:'')&&n===E.cookie_name){try{o=JSON.parse(o)}catch(n){try{o=JSON.parse(decodeURIComponent(o))}catch(n){o={}}}o=JSON.stringify(o)}}else if('all'===t){var i=document.cookie.split(/;\s*/);o=[];for(var r=0;r<i.length;r++)o.push(i[r].split('=')[0])}return o},wn=function(n,t,e){for(var o=t||'/',i=0;i<n.length;i++){for(var r=0;r<e.length;r++)document.cookie=n[i]+'=; path='+o+(0==e[r].indexOf('.')?'; domain='+e[r]:'')+'; Expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT;';n[i]}};U.validCookie=function(n){return''!==yn(n,'one',!0)};var gn=function(n,t,e,o){n.addEventListener(t,e,!0===o&&{passive:!0})},hn=function(n){if('object'==typeof n)return Object.keys(n)},_n=function(n,t){n.classList.add(t)},kn=function(n,t){n.classList.remove(t)},xn=function(n,t){return n.classList.contains(t)};return U})}();
</script>

Replace YOUROWNID with your Google GTAG ID

<!-- Inline script -->
    <script>
        window.addEventListener('load', function(){

// obtain plugin
            var cc = initCookieConsent();

// run plugin with your configuration
            cc.run({
                current_lang: 'en',
                autoclear_cookies: true,                   // default: false
                page_scripts: true,                        // default: false

// mode: 'opt-in'                          // default: 'opt-in'; value: 'opt-in' or 'opt-out'
                // delay: 0,                               // default: 0
                // auto_language: '',                      // default: null; could also be 'browser' or 'document'
                // autorun: true,                          // default: true
                // force_consent: false,                   // default: false
                // hide_from_bots: false,                  // default: false
                // remove_cookie_tables: false             // default: false
                // cookie_name: 'cc_cookie',               // default: 'cc_cookie'
                // cookie_expiration: 182,                 // default: 182 (days)
                // cookie_necessary_only_expiration: 182   // default: disabled
                // cookie_domain: location.hostname,       // default: current domain
                // cookie_path: '/',                       // default: root
                // cookie_same_site: 'Lax',                // default: 'Lax'
                // use_rfc_cookie: false,                  // default: false
                // revision: 0,                            // default: 0

onFirstAction: function(user_preferences, cookie){
                    // callback triggered only once on the first accept/reject action
                },

onAccept: function (cookie) {
                    // callback triggered on the first accept/reject action, and after each page load, laa calisiyor assagisi
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('analytics')) {
                        console.log('"performance and analytics" categories accepted-methot');
                        gtag('consent', 'update', {
                            'analytics_storage': 'granted'
                        });
                    }
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('advertising')) {
                            'ad_storage': 'granted'
                        });

}
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('personalization')) {
                            'personalization_storage': 'granted',
                        });
                    }
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('security')) {
                            'security_storage': 'granted'
                        });
                    }
                },

onChange: function (cookie, changed_categories) {
                    // callback triggered when user changes preferences after consent has already been given
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('analytics')) {
                            'analytics_storage': 'granted'
                        });
                    }
                    if (!cc.allowedCategory('analytics')) {
                        console.log('"performance and analytics" categories now denied');
                        cc.eraseCookies(['_ga', '_ga_YOUROWNID']); 

'analytics_storage': 'denied'
                        });

}
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('advertising')) {
                            'ad_storage': 'granted'
                        });

}
                    if (!cc.allowedCategory('advertising')) {
                            'ad_storage': 'denied'
                        });

}
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('personalization')) {
                            'personalization_storage': 'granted',
                        });
                    }
                    if (!cc.allowedCategory('personalization')) {
                            'personalization_storage': 'denied',
                        });
                    }
                    if (cc.allowedCategory('security')) {
                            'security_storage': 'granted'
                        });
                    }
                    if (!cc.allowedCategory('security')) {
                            'security_storage': 'denied'
                        });
                    }
                },

languages: {
                    'en': {
                        consent_modal: {
                            title: 'We use cookies!',
                            description: 'Hi, this website uses essential cookies to ensure its proper operation and tracking cookies to understand how you interact with it. We may also use 3rd party cookies. The latter will be set only after consent. <button type="button" data-cc="c-settings" class="cc-link">See settings and our privacy policy</button>',
                            primary_btn: {
                                text: 'Accept all',
                                role: 'accept_all'              // 'accept_selected' or 'accept_all'
                            },
                            secondary_btn: {
                                text: 'Necessary Only',
                                role: 'accept_necessary'        // 'settings' or 'accept_necessary'
                            }
                        },
                        settings_modal: {
                            title: 'Cookie preferences',
                            save_settings_btn: 'Save settings',
                            accept_all_btn: 'Accept all',
                            reject_all_btn: 'Reject all',
                            close_btn_label: 'Close',
                            cookie_table_headers: [
                                {col1: 'Name'},
                                {col2: 'Domain'},
                                {col3: 'Expiration'},
                                {col4: 'Description'}
                            ],
                            blocks: [
                                {
                                    title: 'Cookie usage 📢',
                                    description: 'I use cookies to ensure the basic functionalities of the website and to enhance your online experience. You can choose for each category to opt-in/out whenever you want. For more details relative to cookies and other sensitive data, please read the full <a href="https://YOUROWNWEBPAGE.com/privacy" class="cc-link">Privacy Policy</a>.'
                                }, {
                                    title: 'Strictly necessary cookies',
                                    description: 'These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of my website. Without these cookies, the website would not work properly',
                                    toggle: {
                                        value: 'necessary',
                                        enabled: true,
                                        readonly: true          // cookie categories with readonly=true are all treated as "necessary cookies"
                                    }
                                }, {
                                    title: 'Performance and Analytics cookies',
                                    description: 'These cookies allow the website to remember the choices you have made in the past',
                                        value: 'analytics',     // your cookie category
                                        enabled: false,
                                        readonly: false
                                    },
                                    cookie_table: [             // list of all expected cookies
                                        {
                                            col1: '^_ga',       // match all cookies starting with "_ga"
                                            col2: 'google.com',
                                            col3: '2 years',
                                            col4: 'description ...',
                                            is_regex: true
                                        },
                                        {
                                            col1: '_gid',
                                            col2: 'google.com',
                                            col3: '1 day',
                                            col4: 'description ...',
                                        }
                                    ]
                                }, {
                                    title: 'Advertisement and Targeting cookies',
                                    description: 'These cookies collect information about how you use the website, which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. All of the data is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you',
                                        value: 'targeting',
                                    }
                                },{
                                    title: 'Personalization cookies',
                                    description: 'These cookies collect information about how you use the website, which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. All of the data is anonymized and cannot be used to identify you',
                                        value: 'personalization',
                                    }
                                }, {
                                    title: 'Security cookies',
                                        value: 'security',
                                    }
                                }, {
                                    title: 'More information',
                                    description: 'For any queries in relation to our policy on cookies and your choices, please <a class="cc-link" href="https:/YOUROWNWEBPAGE.com/contact">contact us</a>.',
                                }
                            ]
                        }
                    }
                }
            });
        });
    </script>
<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=YOUROWNID"></script>

<script type="text/plain" data-cookiecategory="analytics">
    console.log('"performance and analytics" categories accepted');

window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
    function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
    gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'YOUROWNID', { 'anonymize_ip': true });
</script>

To let users edit cookie preferences, you need to put a button or a link to reopen cookie settings. This is placed not here but on the specific cookie webpage.

<!-- 
Button to reopen cookie settings -->
<!-- <button type="button" aria-label="View cookie settings" data-cc="c-settings">Cookie Settings</button> -->
<!-- <a aria-label="View cookie settings" data-cc="c-settings">Open Cookie Settings</a> -->

A cookie doctype, that allows users to enter GTAG ID & modifications would be great. I will watch @buildwithhussain Framework App Development Bootcamp on youtube, maybe I will know enough to do this after.

However for now, solution I shared works, google analytics is functional. If you see a problem with my code, like maybe I double define cookies, and I dont need to… tell me

1 Like