ERPNext Foundation ERPNext Cloud Chat Blog Discuss Frappé* Donate

Conversion Factor in Purchase Invoice is read-only

This was mentioned here but nothing was done and the thread was closed:

This is still an issue in v11. Inputting either Qty or UOM first does NOT enable the Conversion Factor.

Why is this not set to 1 by default? Under what circumstances would you add a row to a purchase invoice and have the conversion factor set to zero? It just makes no sense. And clearly, a Conversion Factor set to zero is invalid, otherwise it would cough out “Row 1: Conversion Factor is mandatory”.

I ended up fixing this by customizing the doctype, and changing the conversion factor default to 1. It’s a pretty nasty bug, though. 4 out of 4 companies I’ve recommended ERPNext to came back to me saying they gave up because of this error.

It’s a pretty trivial fix, but I don’t feel like I have enough of an understanding of why it was designed this way to submit a pull request.

Thanks for the reply. I too found references on this forum to changing the default value to 1, however when I looked at purchase invoices in Customise Forms I could not find a reference to it in any of the values. There were over 100 other configuration parameters but no conversation factor.

Where would I change the default? Thanks for your help.

Nobody knows where to set this? I have issues with every item because of this.

My apologies that thread I reopened just now.

“It’s a pretty nasty bug, though. 4 out of 4 companies I’ve recommended ERPNext to came back to me saying they gave up because of this error.”

Please report this issue on github.com and link to this discussion here.

Good call, and I don’t know why I didn’t do that earlier. Anyway, The issue appears to be fixed now with v11, but if anybody notices otherwise please post here and I can file the bug report.

@ChipwizBen - Apologies, I missed your response posts somehow. UoM seems to be editable now, but for future reference you can change default values through the Customize Doctype form.

Yes to report bugs here on discuss is a start, but best check and record it here if you are serious https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues

That said more advances and the odd bug too afoot :slight_smile: