Most of the time, we ship goods, and then create Sales Invoices from the Delivery Note. We make heavy use of the "Delivered Items To Be Billed" report.
Sometimes, we bill customers when they place the order, which is before we ship goods. In this scenario, we create a Sales Invoice directly from the Sales Order, instead of the Delivery Note (it does not exist yet in this scenario).
When we create the delivery note, it never gets associated with the already existing Sales Invoice, and because of this, the Delivery Note will always show up in the "Delivered Items To Be Billed" report.
I'm looking for an elegant way to deal with this scenario.
Some inelegant ideas are;
- Add a special flag to delivery note called "Billing Complete", and add billing_complete <> true to the where clause of the report (yuck).
- Add condition to the "Delivered Items To Be Billed" report SQL that checks the bill status from the SO. I don't like this either.
- Make Sales Invoice Item "Delivery Note" filed editable after submit, and have the user manually link Sales Invoices back to Delivery notes after the fact.
- I tried to make the Delivery Note field on Sales Invoice Item editable after submit, but it doesn't show up as editable.
- I think I would also have to link the Sales Invoice Item to the Delivery Note Item, which would make this approach very labour intensive.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to @googlegroups.com">erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/84ab6092-df11-419f-9ad6-eb41defa7d94%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.