Client Interface and Separation

Thank you for taking a moment to review my question.

First, let me say that I am new user of ERPNext and learning the ropes so please don’t hang me if my question has an obvious answer.

Question - I would like to use ERPNext for its ability to be a procurement system. We manage several clients by purchasing their material and equipment for them. What I would like to achieve with ERPNext if possible is to have a single site and single interface to manage all of those clients. The clients would not need to be able to see one another, nor interface with one another nor share any of the same pricing. It would benefit us because we would be able to use the collective data to negotiate better pricing for the mass of clients and have a single system to administer.

Our clients would be able to do the following:

• Login
  • Create Purchase Request
  • View Purchase Orders (not create them)
  • View Receiving information for Purchase Orders (not actually receive)
  • View Invoices for Purchase Orders (not actually invoice them)
  • View Reports regarding Purchases Orders

Again, we want things to be very simple and it be unique for each customer. They would ideally have their own scheme of how things should be handled.

Thank you again!

That is already done

All this is already done I believe, just give it a try.

I suggest you try a demo. Create some items. Create some customers, login as them, do a few trial as ordering and see how that works for you.

2 Likes

Thank you Francois.

The biggest strugle I am having with ERPNext is that it is so flexible I don’t know where to begin.

I really do appreciate you answering my questions, I felt the same as you without asking but I wanted a more straight forward answer without spending hours upon hours playing with it to find out that what I want simply is not going to work. I will take your advise and do the setup like you suggested. I really need to learn how to use the fields and doctypes, I need to make my Purchase Order view look quite different by adding several fields. Not only at the print level but also when myself or someone from my team would build a PO. Maybe you can point me in the right direction to learn my next steps for this?

I have read through the docs and its there but not as detailed as I would like for a first time user.

Thanks again,
James

1 Like

Check out Custom Fields: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhL9mmxV_U