Chat Room not working in Self Hosted Server

I am using a self-hosted server using digital ocean and docker. I recently migrated from Erpnext cloud to a self-hosted server. Previously I was able to send messages through the chat room, but recently when i tried, i am able to send messages to that person with whom I had already done chatting, but am not able to create a new direct room with anyone. Whenever i try to initiate a new chat room with anyone, it shows an error that “Direct Room is already created with the user”, but I am not able to see that person message room

Check socketio logs.

What is the site name? Is it same as the domain name?

I have recently migrated from the old server to the new server as the previous one crashed due to some reason.
Right now am using Version 13.11.1. I am still not able to use the chat function.
Could you please guide me with the exact steps to be taken to activate it.

check this [Announcement] Introducing Frappe Chat App

Thanks a lot…will check it out

I tried installing the above chat but was not able to get through. As am using docker, i followed the steps shown on https://github.com/frappe/frappe_docker/blob/develop/docs/custom-apps-for-production.md. I replaced the [custom] with “chat”. But am stuck on last step on how to install and build a docker for chat app.

Am using docker for the first time, so my queries might be very basic, but could you guide me with a link or a video where proper steps are shown on how to install such apps in docker.

use this diff for reference Comparing main...isppme · castlecraft/custom_frappe_docker · GitHub

Change the list of apps to be installed and build your images

@revant_one you seem like any expert here so if u dont mind can u help me on how to set up a sound on receiving a notification in the bell icon or how to set up desktop notifications…

at the moment just a re dots comes with no sound…

i am sry its off this topic but would reall appreciate if u can guide on this …

thanks buddy

I’ve not used the chat app. I don’t know how to setup sound for notifications.

@revant_one buddy i mean normal system notification that come with a red dot on the bell icon…

nothing to do with chat…

how to add sound when a user receive any kind of notifcation.

example : if someone has asisgned me task and i am working on diffrent browser tab or any other applicaiton how will i know if i got a notification, a sound would be great amnd need it …

I’ve not used that as well. I don’t know much about it. It just works by default I guess. I didn’t configure anything for that.

no its doesnt work my default, are u getting any sound when u get a notification…

@revant_one can u help man…
how can i add a sound whn i get a notifiction ?